Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, people really need to stop worrying. this is probably nothing.

here is what i think: the netid system usually is for people AFTER they have been accepted into queen's md program. so it would make sense that the deposit balance appears after your id has been activated. however, this year they are giving everyone an account so people's "balances" kick in a certain number of hours after they have activated their account. it would explain the few number of people with balances showing (people who registered yesterday). i myself registered 5 pm yesterday and the balance showed up this morning.

JJ88,

How did you register yesterday if you're already a Queen's student?

I went to Queen's a few years back, and I just logged in with my normal ID and followed the links - no registration per se...

here is what i think: the netid system usually is for people AFTER they have been accepted into queen's md program. so it would make sense that the deposit balance appears after your id has been activated. however, this year they are giving everyone an account so people's "balances" kick in a certain number of hours after they have activated their account. it would explain the few number of people with balances showing (people who registered yesterday). i myself registered 5 pm yesterday and the balance showed up this morning.

The netID speculation is nothing. All Queen's students, including normal undergrads, have a number, some combination of their initials, and occasionally a random number following. So the first years this year are all "9(initials)(maybe random number)." The year before they were 8s, etc. It's just random and has nothing to do with rankings.

I registered today only and had the balance immediately. So there goes that theory.

hmm by register i meant click the admissions link etc. i assumed that was how everyone did it

JJ88,

How did you register yesterday if you're already a Queen's student?

I went to Queen's a few years back, and I just logged in with my normal ID and followed the links - no registration per se...

I registered today only and had the balance immediately. So there goes that theory.

I registered today (Tuesday) also. In fact, i registered after my friend called me (he was checking pm101 all morning) and told me about the whole deposit confusion. I recall it was around 3 pm, and when i logged on, the balance was already there.

And for the record, my net ID is only 5 characters: 0, my initials, and a two digit number...

2 digit number = less than 100 = you are in.

I think I only brought up the ID speculation because my number was close to 100 and I could start to believe that I had a chance. May 5th is too far away and I need some closure soon or I will go crazy.

I registered today (Tuesday) also. In fact, i registered after my friend called me (he was checking pm101 all morning) and told me about the whole deposit confusion. I recall it was around 3 pm, and when i logged on, the balance was already there.

And for the record, my net ID is only 5 characters: 0, my initials, and a two digit number...

2 digit number = less than 100 = you are in.

two digit number + no deposit

one of the theories has to be wrong. :P Can we just skip this whole dread of april exams + waiting and it be May 5th already? I can't help but still slightly believe that deposit = admission, but I'm going to hope it didn't, and that queens and technology just don't get along.

Seriously people? There's no way they would put your "rank" as the last digits of your ID. I only had two digits after my initials, which according to your conspiracy theory, would rank me in the class of 100 - but I didn't have a balance showing when I checked this morning (~930-10AM) (this is all assuming that the balance owing even meant an acceptance).

Just stop feeding the discussion with conspiracies!!

Anyone try to log into my queen's and then SOLUS today? I'm getting an error message.

Maybe they're trying to fix what ever problem occured yesterday.

Although I would LOVE to go to Queen's and think the program is awesome, I am still surprised about the interview email confusion, spelling/grammatical errors on the web page, and then this possible mix up with deposits showing randomly.

Only 22 days to go... :eek:

Ok folks. There is no code in the solus IDs. My student ID and solus ID are the same as back when I was an undergrad. They used to give everyone in the same year the first numerical digit, then your initials. If there was more than one person with that same combination, they start adding more numerical digits to the end. That's it. No code. Relax.

Anyone try to log into my queen's and then SOLUS today? I'm getting an error message.

Maybe they're trying to fix what ever problem occured yesterday.

Although I would LOVE to go to Queen's and think the program is awesome, I am still surprised about the interview email confusion, spelling/grammatical errors on the web page, and then this possible mix up with deposits showing randomly.

Only 22 days to go... :eek:

SOLUS is down for all Queen's students right now, not just meds applicants. So it's probably uÑrelated to whatever happened yesterday.

I just talked to someone who's gone through residency matches a few times- he mentioned that every year there have been glitches with CarMs and USMLE applications as well - i.e. that when they opened an account, some had a different msgs than other, or some got an email where others didn't.

If Queen's said it was just a glitch and didn't mean anything, that's most likely what it was.

Archived