Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a current Queen's student and so just logged into SOLUS to see what's there.

There is a section (in addition to the standard sections indicating courses, etc) noted "Admissions." There is a field that says "My Applications" which lists my application to the MD program. You can click to view status.

My status (and I am sure everyone else's) currently has a decision of "pending." Just thought I'd let you guys know though that the system is up and running.

i wonder if other queen's students are having this problem. the admissions info got added onto my SOLUS account. also, a deposit owing of $1050 got dumped on my student account (i assume it's related to this). i am in the process of ordering a transcript for a summer job and was denied due to an "account balance". are other queen's students who interviewed experiencing this?

i wonder if other queen's students are having this problem. the admissions info got added onto my SOLUS account. also, a deposit owing of $1050 got dumped on my student account (i assume it's related to this). i am in the process of ordering a transcript for a summer job and was denied due to an "account balance". are other queen's students who interviewed experiencing this?

I'm not a queens student but I guess its an artifact of the application.

Makes the traditional way of emailing news seem that much more reasonable.. :S

I hope this gets worked out for you! That's frustrating...

i got this msg when i tried to get the NetID....anyone else experiencing this?

Unable to Activate

Sorry, but this account is already activated or is not able to be activated.

If you have forgotten the password, please visit NetID Self Service Password Reset to reset your password

wait....not everyone has this deposit thing?

I am a Queen's student and do have a deposit amount showing.

I also know of someone who says he does not have one (he's also a Queen's student).

This probably doesn't mean anything, we should bear in mind that if a deposit indicated an upcoming acceptance, fewer than 1/4 people would have this showing. If anything, the reverse seems true.

wait....not everyone has this deposit thing?

I haven't looked, it just sucks because it affects his/her ability to get transcripts.

Someone with it showing could phone and ask what it means/pretending to wonder if they have to pay it, and see what they say if we wanted? I agree that if it meant anything less people would have it.

When I said let the speculation begin it was sort of tongue-in-cheek. I think we'll just drive ourselves mad if we take this as anything other than a random glitch. :cool:

I am pretty most of us are already going crazy. This just adds fuel to the fire lol.

I have a balance.

Has anyone called to find out what this is?

I vote you! :) It should be someone with a balance. The question "what is this?" is easier to get a response from than the question "why don't I have this?" at this stage in the game...

Archived