Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

I agree with you that it probably means nothing. BUT

it wouldn't be hard to tally the scores up as allegedly that's why the used the MMI (for standardization purposes). Also, why would waitlisters need to pay a deposit? that makes no sense at all.

the testing thing might be true. Although it seems like a weird thing to do.

what it PROBABLY is, is some sort of weird glitch - maybe based on last name letter or something.

I think it's worth remembering though that there are a huge number of alternate explanations. Perhaps they're just testing the system (which would be a no-brainer given it's a completely new system) and so uploaded a small batch of files to test. Perhaps they've only reviewed a few files so far.

I mean if you accept the hypothesis that people with deposits are all accepted, the following must all be true:

1) All of the interview scores were tallied in under 2 weeks

2) All of the acceptance decisions were made after the tally was done

3) A file was constructed containing only the accepted students - not the waitlisted ones, or everyone and their aggregate scores; accepted students only

4) The file was uploaded to SOLUS

That seems less likely than the alternate explanations I posted above. In any case guys (and me, I'm writing this for myself too), it's out of our hands now; decisions have been made and we still have exams to study for.

With that, I'm off to the library.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just talked to them...apparently it's only a glitch and has nothing to do with final admissions. I tried to get more info out of her and asked her if all the final scoring was complete for the the candidates that were interviewed and she said she "didn't think they were all done".

I think the fact that they were taken down is a pretty clear sign that it indicated acceptances.

If they were left up though Queen's students would be screwed if they had to do anything academic (like send transcripts). So they had to be taken down.

I think the fact that they were taken down is a pretty clear sign that it indicated acceptances.

If they were left up though Queen's students would be screwed if they had to do anything academic (like send transcripts). So they had to be taken down.

I have to agree with HBP on this one. Especially considering the fact that they were all taken down almost immediately after they were notified. And that the amount matched the deposit for acceptances only adds to it. Why did the amount have to be 1050? Was it random too or were they accidentally testing it on only certain accounts?

It seems a little off that it would only affect certain "random" accounts and that some of those would be current Queen's students is only a coincidence that the adcom can use in their favor "ugh, yeah... we were running some tests and realized that we would impact some Queen's students so we took it down"

Having said that, I could be completely wrong... I don't think I am... But, we'll see come May.

Archived