Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

this is what it says:

Published Thu Apr 7th 2011

The Admissions Committee would like to thank all candidates who participated in the Queen’s Medical Interviews. Please note that a letter has been sent to the mailing address listed on your OMSAS application. This letter includes your Queen’s student ID and instructions to login to the Student On-Line University System (SOLUS). If you interviewed with us and do not receive the letter by April 21, please contact the Admissions office.

Has anyone received anything?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if this is because of the problems with the mass-emails they had earlier in the year...

It seems like a lot of work to give all of us student numbers and log in info when only 1/5 of us will actually get good news.

Yeah, I agree.. It allows me to not look at it right away though.

Read other news (*hopefully good news*) first that comes without a log in process... then I can go look at it! Baaaah, common May!

I am a current Queen's student and so just logged into SOLUS to see what's there.

There is a section (in addition to the standard sections indicating courses, etc) noted "Admissions." There is a field that says "My Applications" which lists my application to the MD program. You can click to view status.

My status (and I am sure everyone else's) currently has a decision of "pending." Just thought I'd let you guys know though that the system is up and running.

I got mine today too - ironically, about an hour after I read this thread.

I guess it's nice that you can just check when you wake up, rather than waiting around all day for the email to roll in.

I wonder if it will be there if you stay up until midnight...

I wonder if it will be there if you stay up until midnight...
Hmm. Just like an email, you need someone there it release the information. I don't think they'll be releasing it at midnight. However, the system could have an automated release. The only issue with that it the releases could go out early, or not go out at all, or only work for some people but not for others. I just have a feeling that it'll be sometime during working hours.

I'm a Queen's student too, and to save people from wasting their time:

The "Admissions" section is at the bottom of the Student Center page (click on the "Student Center" option on the left hand side to get there)

Chances are you'll have to scroll down to the bottom.

Mail more reliable than email... what's the world coming to.

I was hoping to sleep in and then wake up to find both the UofT and Queen's email in my inbox rather than anxiously waiting all morning. I guess I will have two mini heart attacks before I open my inbox and logging into the Queen's system.

Archived