Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope someone gets through and gets the story soon. Put me out of my misery.

Of course, they might well deny that it's true even if it is.

I heard that McGill had a big SNAFU a few years back where they accidentally released the admissions results early.

I'm leaning towards that these deposit requests are a clear sign of who has been accepted so far. I don't think they would verify this over the phone - but by looking at the poll, why would 1/4 of the people from different institutions show deposits and the rest of us not have anything?

I'm leaning towards that these deposit requests are a clear sign of who has been accepted so far. I don't think they would verify this over the phone - but by looking at the poll, why would 1/4 of the people from different institutions show deposits and the rest of us not have anything?

I agree. There is no reasonable explanation for why a select few people would have deposits uploaded to their accounts.

Even with a small sample size it looks eerily similar to what you would expect :(

I think it's worth remembering though that there are a huge number of alternate explanations. Perhaps they're just testing the system (which would be a no-brainer given it's a completely new system) and so uploaded a small batch of files to test. Perhaps they've only reviewed a few files so far.

I mean if you accept the hypothesis that people with deposits are all accepted, the following must all be true:

1) All of the interview scores were tallied in just over 2 weeks (11 business days)

2) The acceptance criteria are finalized

3) All of the candidates were evaluated with this acceptance criteria in mind, and all of the decisions to accept students have been made

4) A file was constructed containing only the accepted students - not the waitlisted ones, or everyone and their aggregate scores; accepted students only

5) The file was uploaded to SOLUS

That seems less likely than the alternate explanations I posted above. In any case guys (and me, I'm writing this for myself too), it's out of our hands now; decisions have been made and we still have exams to study for.

With that, I'm off to the library.

Archived