Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, oh boy. As if you needed anything more to speculate about.

2 yrs ago, they sent bursary results to 2 people on the waitlist, and then said it was an error and to disregard it. Sure enough, those 2 were accepted in the first few days of waitlist movement.

For those that didn't have a balance and are convinced it meant something, keep in mind that the Queen's waitlist movement has historically ranged from anywhere between 50-105 or so. Up to half the class will be receive an offer on a day later than May 5th. So by no means does this information, indicative or random, indicate an end of your application.

Best of luck everyone.

2 yrs ago, they sent bursary results to 2 people on the waitlist, and then said it was an error and to disregard it. Sure enough, those 2 were accepted in the first few days of waitlist movement.

For those that didn't have a balance and are convinced it meant something, keep in mind that the Queen's waitlist movement has historically ranged from anywhere between 50-105 or so. Up to half the class will be receive an offer on a day later than May 5th. So by no means does this information, indicative or random, indicate an end of your application.

Best of luck everyone.

Wow. I guess Queens has had a history of computer problems...

Best of luck everyone.

Also theres invisible waitlist movement as well, e.g. people taking themselves off the list because they get accepted to other schools.

Best of luck everyone.

LOL not suprised by the level of ineptitude at queen's. i suspect many people working in admin are technologically challenged.

Yeah, I was gonna say..,they only said "no offers have been made." There was nothing along the line of "the pre-notification is not indicative of applicant status." Gah, even though they probably wanted to calm people, this may actually make things worse, for those of us who overanalyze :(

Ironically, I checked my SOLUS after they removed the deposit info, so I don't really know how to interpret anything, which is probably for the best. Better not know any info that may or may not meaning anything.

I agree with what one post said.. that the balance went live later on the morning after they initially checked/registered, so it's possible that not all of the offers/balances were in the system yet.

- Does anyone have an idea on how this sort of admin program works? (from what I've seen, many schools use a similar program). i.e. would they be uploading this info. one by one? :D

Do you people see what you've done? Somebody comes up with an "applicant number conspiracy" and 17 neurotic pages later Queens is having to send out clarification emails. C'mon guys, we're better then that. Like the fonz said, just be cool.

hahahaha.

I don't know that the email was in response to the applicant number conspiracy. While it didn't say it, I would suspect that it was in response to the deposit information showing (that was a legit problem for current Queens students...)

Edit: I am also laughing because for any students that didn't realize this whole deposit information theory was going on it'd be super weird to suddenly get that email from queens...

Do you people see what you've done? Somebody comes up with an "applicant number conspiracy" and 17 neurotic pages later Queens is having to send out clarification emails. C'mon guys, we're better then that. Like the fonz said, just be cool.

The real conspiracy was the deposit showing up in some accounts. That one had a lot more meat than applicant numbers...

hahahaha.

I don't know that the email was in response to the applicant number conspiracy. While it didn't say it, I would suspect that it was in response to the deposit information showing (that was a legit problem for current Queens students...)

I agree that it was because of the deposit thing. Funny that they didn't actually bring up the issue of the deposit in the email. Maybe they didn't want to alarm anyone else (or bring any more attention to the issue).

On RFD, when a video game that's supposed to be $60 is erroneously priced at $30, you should see the panic that ensues.

I'm surprised that there isn't more on PM101, given the magnitude of the decision being made here.

MORE?!...

I couldn't handle it.

Archived