Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hate to bring this up again. But my friends and i were talking about this mess again

but typically don't you have to ACCEPT an offer first before the deposit goes on your account?

Or is the deposit automatically on the account when queens accept you?

So on may 5th when i log into my account, if there's no deposit on the SOLUS home screen, does that mean i know i'm rejected/waitlisted before even checking the admission status?

Two years ago McGill experienced a similar situation. Although it was only one day before official results, some students noticed that they had access to a financial aid section of their MyMcGill accounts and other students didn't. While no one who had the tab got rejected, there were people who didn't have it and got accepted:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32823

in summary, who knows anything about anything really. Also, no rejected students answered so...thats not really that helpful, interesting that a similar thing has happened though...

Given everything that's been going on (and the tone of the SOLUS letter) I thought I'd write a draft of a rejection letter that Queen's might use. What do you guys think?

Dear Applicant,

On behalf of the School of Medicine Selection Committee, we would like to extend to you an invitation to finish reading this letter. We would like to congratulate you on making it this far. You are an exceptional applicant and you should be very proud of your accomplishments.

We are very pleased to offer you the position of an unsuccessful applicant. We look forward to working with you in the future - just not during this upcoming year. Maybe the one after that.

Thank you for your interest and have a great day,

Queen's University School of Medicine

Given everything that's been going on (and the tone of the SOLUS letter) I thought I'd write a draft of a rejection letter that Queen's might use. What do you guys think?

Dear Applicant,

On behalf of the School of Medicine Selection Committee, we would like to extend to you an invitation to finish reading this letter. We would like to congratulate you on making it this far. You are an exceptional applicant and you should be very proud of your accomplishments.

We are very pleased to offer you the position of an unsuccessful applicant. We look forward to working with you in the future - just not during this upcoming year. Maybe the one after that.

I like it, except you forgot the first paragraph apologizing for mixing up the applicants and accidentally sending the recipient of this letter an acceptance earlier that day.

Or is it more like queen's to send two contradictory emails that don't mention each other at all? :P

Dear Applicant,

+100 awesome points to you.

+100 awesome points to you.

Has anyone logged into SOLUS lately? I remember you could "view status" of your application but it now says "view status, accept or decline." The actual page still looks the same, but looks like there will just be a button there to accept or decline?

Is this actually a change (or am I just going crazy in the middle of exam stress)?

I just signed in, I noticed that change as well... you're definitely not going crazy.

Has anyone logged into SOLUS lately? I remember you could "view status" of your application but it now says "view status, accept or decline." The actual page still looks the same, but looks like there will just be a button there to accept or decline?

Is this actually a change (or am I just going crazy in the middle of exam stress)?

No deposit, no accept/reject.

Guess it's not going to be Queens for me.

Didn't get to check for a possible balance, but no accept/reject here for me either :(

I just wish that if Queens was going to keep putting up all this info that seems to be indicative of status, then they go ahead and just send the acceptance letters already and put the rest of us out of our misery! Speculation breeds nothing but anxiety...

How can they not realize that students will be checking SOLUS every now and then anyways, and to put up links like that (regardless of whether it has any meaning) is going to make us even more stressed?!

Queens is unfortunately having one glitch too many this year. I'm sure they're going to be paranoid next year and make sure nothing like this year happens again...

Archived