Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

Ps. I wouldn't want a doctor who was okay with the "fact" that he will kill someone at some point. To be at peace with that is to be at peace with imperfection in his practice. Not being abl to handle the death of a patient would drive a doctor to do everything he could to save the patient.

So you couldnt handle a bad outcome? Just because a bad outcome happens doesnt mean you didnt do your job. It means that something bad and crappy happened. Its not like you knowingly got behind a wheel while drunk and killed someone.

So you couldnt handle a bad outcome? Just because a bad outcome happens doesnt mean you didnt do your job. It means that something bad and crappy happened. Its not like you knowingly got behind a wheel while drunk and killed someone.

Your quote was referring a patient dying as a result of a "screw up" ie: something preventable. If I lost a patient because I did something wrong, not because the most suitable treatment didn't work or due to the side effects of the best treatment option, I would have an incredibly hard time forgiving myself ( ifthats what you mean by the generic term "handle it"). Maybe I am misinterpreting your usage of "handle" though. People handle different things in different ways... One persons way of handling failing a driving test is to study, practice and try again, another persons response could be to commit suicide (not a joke.. I knew someone who did this). Arguably the second person couldn't "handle" it but here we, evidently, get caught up in the definition.

Not really here to debate, just answering your questions Aaron. If you Wantto discuss it youvan pm me, I'm on my phone right now and don't feel like explaining myself in completion here.

Question: what is your most used piece of furniture in your house ( not including bed)?

Question: what is your most used piece of furniture in your house ( not including bed)?

probably the bed, for sleeping, as that is where you are for 8hrs a day

If you didn't like something about yourself would you change it or would you embrace it? (examples taken from a tv show)

-eg you didn't like the way your nose looked

-eg you have red hair

change it

aggressive to the earlier question

probably my desk chair/desk to the earlier question

how many countries have you been too? (or how many sexual partners you've had if you're a little crazier ;))

If you didn't like something about yourself would you change it or would you embrace it? (examples taken from a tv show)

-eg you didn't like the way your nose looked

-eg you have red hair

change it

aggressive to the earlier question

probably my desk chair/desk to the earlier question

how many countries have you been too? (or how many sexual partners you've had if you're a little crazier ;))

Countries: 7

Partners: no idea - they arent nor ever were notches on my belt

Best moment of your life so far?

sainthood - tegan and sara

have you given up on your dreams? (and i don't mean being a doctor, i mean most peoples real dreams (often childhood ones) they ditch because they don't think they're really possible ;))

Yes.

What's the last actual CD/vinyl you bought (not a digital copy)?

sainthood - tegan and sara

have you given up on your dreams? (and i don't mean being a doctor, i mean most peoples real dreams (often childhood ones) they ditch because they don't think they're really possible ;))

Yes. I broke my C2. It wasnt worth the risk of continuing on.

Chocolate or sex?