Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

Hey guys, I have a question regarding York's anatomy (KINE 2031), Phys I (kine 2011) & research methods in kinesiology (KINE 2049). Do the course instructors give students tests from previous years to study from? Because i have found couple of people selling them online with there textbook and i would like to know, of course the tests wont be the exact same, but still they would make good study questions.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I have a question regarding York's anatomy (KINE 2031), Phys I (kine 2011) & research methods in kinesiology (KINE 2049). Do the course instructors give students tests from previous years to study from? Because i have found couple of people selling them online with there textbook and i would like to know, of course the tests wont be the exact same, but still they would make good study questions.

not sure, but i doubt they do.

+free bump

Not sure but if you're offering to let others photocopy, I'd buy..

I took both Phys I and II last year and the profs did not let us take the exams. We had to go into their office during specific times and look at it in front of them only.....not sure where people might have got them from.

How did you find doing these both in a single year?

Phys I was pretty easy, mostly review of basic biology in the first half part of that anyways and then you start getting into the actual physiology and different systems. The exams were fair. Phys II was all about the systems and the exams were a little tricky in terms of how they were worded....but you have the lab component in phys II to help bring up your mark. Nonetheless, I found both courses to be very interesting, highly enjoyed them as that's the kind of stuff I like and coming from a biology background, it was somewhat easy for me. And taking both courses in a single year is a good idea since everything is interconnected and it will be fresh in your mind.

Good luck! I am sure you will enjoy those courses too!

Phys I was pretty easy, mostly review of basic biology in the first half part of that anyways and then you start getting into the actual physiology and different systems. The exams were fair. Phys II was all about the systems and the exams were a little tricky in terms of how they were worded....but you have the lab component in phys II to help bring up your mark. Nonetheless, I found both courses to be very interesting, highly enjoyed them as that's the kind of stuff I like and coming from a biology background, it was somewhat easy for me. And taking both courses in a single year is a good idea since everything is interconnected and it will be fresh in your mind.

Should be interesting then given i have no formal biology courses under my belt (not even in HS). Lots of self study/learning over the years tho.

You'll be fine. I took it without HS bio and still got A's in both with minimal effort. Wu is a really, really good prof (and funny!). I couldn't understand Birot, but he doesn't start teaching until maybe halfway through the term so you'll have a decent background by that point which makes things easier.

Also, a lot of the content in phys I is similar to the first half of bio1010. When I took bio the following year, I found that I barely had to study since I'd already covered everything!

I like that! Since (if it's possible) I'd like to take 1010 in the summer!

For anatomy and phys 1 the profs post up "sample questions" before the test. Your course kit will also have a few (read: 5-10) questions that you can use. You won't find whole tests for these courses because you are only allowed to see your grade online or the test paper in the prof's office.

For anatomy and phys 1 the profs post up "sample questions" before the test. Your course kit will also have a few (read: 5-10) questions that you can use. You won't find whole tests for these courses because you are only allowed to see your grade online or the test paper in the prof's office.

lol you don't know ppl... my friend got a copy of a final exam from a TA... very unethical :P

Odd, I heard phys 2 was easier than 1.

Anyone want to sell their phys i and ii textbooks?

Just in the process of looking up all the text requirements for this year. If i cant buy used i think i'll borrow from the library temporarily amd buy from Amazon. Foumd two books that were 40% the price of csmpus bookstore. Robbery!

Just so all of you know, you most likely won't be using either Phys I or Phys II textbooks. It is a waste of money. I took both of those courses, ended up with an A and A+ respectively and did not open the books once.....

Edit: As for anatomy, buy the Gray's Anatomy book. It will help along the way (if Neil Smith is still teaching it).

Just so all of you know, you most likely won't be using either Phys I or Phys II textbooks. It is a waste of money. I took both of those courses, ended up with an A and A+ respectively and did not open the books once.....

Edit: As for anatomy, buy the Gray's Anatomy book. It will help along the way (if Neil Smith is still teaching it).

I think dr smith stopped teaching this year.

Leap! I am taking exercise phys without taking phys II. Do you think the mcat physio should be enough background knowledge for that course? I've already taken phys I and nutrition tho.

Archived