Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

For Anatomy course, do we really have to know the materials that is not in the course kit. I am not sure whether we have to know the stuff that only came from our lecture, not the course kit.

he doesn't say that much outside of what's written in the course book. At least that's what I'm finding right now. But i've been told by upper years that the course kit is what's most important.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he doesn't say that much outside of what's written in the course book. At least that's what I'm finding right now. But i've been told by upper years that the course kit is what's most important.

So I guess we only need to know the material in the course kit inside and out.. that's all we need to do. right..? When I listen to his recording, he throws several terms that are not on the course kit and some of the concept are not in the book. :(

So I guess we only need to know the material in the course kit inside and out.. that's all we need to do. right..? When I listen to his recording, he throws several terms that are not on the course kit and some of the concept are not in the book. :(

The extra little stuff he says is found in the textbook but if its not in the course kit, it's not on the test. The tests had everything from the course kit but dont take the course lightly.. it's NOT just memorization and its apparent thats what hes trying to avoid. Rather, the entire test is more like application.

The extra little stuff he says is found in the textbook but if its not in the course kit, it's not on the test. The tests had everything from the course kit but dont take the course lightly.. it's NOT just memorization and its apparent thats what hes trying to avoid. Rather, the entire test is more like application.

What.. really? Questions are going to be applications of the material in the kit? That's good to know Thank you. Just wondering is there any one who has the previous tests for this course?

:( I am just really worried about this course. The material in the course kit is straight forward. I think. But still.. I just have really bad feeling about this course.

Just study hard and you should be fine. If you seriously understand how EVERYTHING works, and not just memorization, you'll get an A/A+.

Just study hard and you should be fine. If you seriously understand how EVERYTHING works, and not just memorization, you'll get an A/A+.

This is how im approaching phys now. Its taking me a while to wrap my head around each element in a cell fits together (for example) but im finding this to be way better than trying to memorize.

Easier said than done but i still have time :)

This is how im approaching phys now. Its taking me a while to wrap my head around each element in a cell fits together (for example) but im finding this to be way better than trying to memorize.

Easier said than done but i still have time :)

Right now, human phys is just an easier version of biology and in my eyes, you need to understand it to do well.. or atleast do well somewhat easily lol. I'm glad you're working hard on understanding it :) should pay off.

That's how I did it (phys and then bio), and a good chunk of bio was a breeze! And I definitely found phys harder.

I can see why though because if you're doing phys without doing bio first you're missing the basics.

But I'm not sure in terms of exams, phys could be harder in that department.. in which case, I'm scared.

I see I see. I am currently taking that course too. My time schedule is really massed up.

I am also taking KINE 1000 and 1020. Do you have any advice for those courses? I mean any tips for getting good grade..

Omg I literally only picked up the book to read it once and managed an A for 1000 lol. so easy.

1020 just required basic memorization.

Archived