Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not touched phys yet.. lol. Reading week was spent doing nothing and I loved it.

that's awesome. I've enjoyed sleeping about 8-9 hrs every single day for this past week (not what I usually get on weekdays) but my studying has been somewhat inefficient. So many distractions on the computer lol

what the hell? Haas is so much better than Connor :confused:

Connor mixes everything up... and has a terrible pace in lecture because of which he ends up giving days off

lol I don't feel like Connor is disorganized, or has terrible pace. I think he explains things quite well. Haas is ok, from what I've heard from lecture, haven't gone through her recordings yet though!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry to be bumping this thread, but I have a quick question. How did you guys find the proff for human nutrition, for those who had him (Professor Adegoke)? I plan on possibly taking all 3 courses he offers human nutrition, advanced human nutrition and nutrition and human diseases and he teaches all 3. Can anyone provide any feedback like how well he explains material and the relative difficulty of his tests?

Also what 3rd and 4th year kine courses do you guys recommend taking or avoiding? I know there have been discussions on this, but I was hoping to get feedback from those who had these courses this year

Thanks

Any insight on the 4000 level human nutrition course?

Looking for any eazy A next year and im pretty well versed on nutrition in detail as it is. How doable is 90 without killer amounts of work?

Please search this thread. This course has been discussed before within this thread itself.

Hey guys so I'am going to take anatomy for summer school, and the prof is Neil Smith

I've read on rate my prof that he has hard exams but his lectures are very clear. So why are his exams so hard if he is so good at teaching? Right now I'm imagining him to be like Jubis for Psych class.

any info?

Please search this thread. This course has been discussed before within this thread itself.

lol this thread is insanely long though

Any insight on the 4000 level human nutrition course?

Looking for any eazy A next year and im pretty well versed on nutrition in detail as it is. How doable is 90 without killer amounts of work?

nutrition sounds really interesting, I tried to find info on it before but not much

only page 43 of this thread (not much info about the actual course though)

and a tiny bit here: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53052

Hey guys so I'am going to take anatomy for summer school, and the prof is Neil Smith

I've read on rate my prof that he has hard exams but his lectures are very clear. So why are his exams so hard if he is so good at teaching? Right now I'm imagining him to be like Jubis for Psych class.

any info?

Of course his lectures are very clear, he reads word for word off the course notes. Class isn't hard, just have to keep pace with the content & learn how to play his game (his questions on tests are going to be very tricky, but the content is not hard, just don't fall for his tricks ;) )

Also, do NOT buy the textbook, no need for this course, all you need is the course notes. I can't begin to tell you the number of people that regret paying for the textbook.

And you cannot compare him with Jubis, I've had both proffs and there nothing alike.

Haha I see, and thx for the heads up on the textbook

So when you say keep pace with the content you mean, dont fall behind on readings right? and do you mind giving me a sample trick question?

Of course his lectures are very clear, he reads word for word off the course notes. Class isn't hard, just have to keep pace with the content & learn how to play his game (his questions on tests are going to be very tricky, but the content is not hard, just don't fall for his tricks ;) )

Also, do NOT buy the textbook, no need for this course, all you need is the course notes. I can't begin to tell you the number of people that regret paying for the textbook.

And you cannot compare him with Jubis, I've had both proffs and there nothing alike.

lol I posted my comments about the course on page 42... and didn't want to repeat it

Found it. Thank you!

Human Nutrition at York:

I found it easy... tests are all MCs and they are very straightforward... its pretty much all memorization... not much to understand

They changed the assignments this year but last year, the assignments were bonus marks... there were 2 and each was 10%. The average for one of them was an A+ and the other one I think was an A. The final average of the course was a B (mid 70).

There is a bit of an overlap between health psyc and this course too... when you're talking about nutrition and chronic disease.

• 1 year later...
I think the BA stream for kine at York should be completely eliminated.

I was accepted to both BA, and BSc for kin, but I accepted BA cuz I wanted more freedom to pick classes. (Wanna use this freedom to take prerequisites for dental school, and take classes that I'm really interested in). Was this a stupid decision? :(:confused: I took all sciences in high school. I just thought taking BA would make it easier to get into dental school :o I wouldn't have to take hard classes like calculus which aren't needed for dental school... :S

If I don't get into dental school, my backup is physiotherapy... :/ Is that possible with a BA?

Archived