Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

Yep, it counts as a biochem for Ottawa. I emailed them the syllabus. You can also take advanced nutrition as a second biochem.

Alright, that doesn't sound too terrible. Assignments are mandatory and worth 25% total this year, which is kind of nice. Thanks for the info :)

Didn't you taken biol2020 tho?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, yeah I was pretty happy when I heard too! All I did was email admissions with detailed info. I also read about other people using nutrition for Ottawa, which is where I got the idea from.

Advanced human nutrition is def biochemistry but I wouldn't classify nutrition as a biochem lol... I'm shocked that they count it as a biochem

It's not too shocking, they take nutrition courses from other schools too. I distinctly remember supafield getting a nutrition course approved, which surprised him. Based on what they wrote back, it sounded like they have a chart of acceptable equivalents from other schools. It's just Ottawa that accepts them though, I doubt UBC/UofA/UMan would.

CCM, I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask, an you and Supafield are excellent examples!

Has anyone taking nutrition with Kelton and Adegoke (I think that's his name)? Are the exams easy? I'm taking this course as my biochem so I can't drop it, but would like some info. Comments on assignment marking, class attendence, would also be appreciated. Would ideally like to finish with a 90+.

This is 4th year right? Im still missing a course and am looking for an easy one seeing as how I cant take any psychs yet. Boo.

are you guys sure I can do good on biomechanics without the anatomy requirement?

today in class, the prof was going very fast with all these saggital, frontal, transverse plane and inflextion/extention, adducting/abducting..

Isn't anatomy preq for biomechanics? Either way the planes are talked about in the textbook, I wouldn't have understood what she was talking about if i didn't have the anatomy knowledge, I definitely recommend reading the textbook.

I didn't like how the Prof lectured today at all, for some reason section B didn't get as far as section A did, either she went to fast with sec A or to slow with sec B.

Anyone got tips on how to do well in biomechanics? I having a feeling its not as easy some people make it out to be.

I'm in this course too! It seems to be very interesting and Wu is a fantastic lecturer in small-class setups.

Hey, I just have one question. Do you have lecture recording for first and second classes? I could not record those lectures because first 2 weeks were hassle for me.

Thanks

He said he might not have posted it online..

Lol, I don't know If anyone records knowing that the lectures are gonna be posted online anyways

Yeah there' been a few probs with the recordings. I was also wondering if someone here records lectures/will record tomorrow b/c I wanted to just stay at home (phys is my only class). or just pray that there is no technical difficulties and he gets it up on moodle!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived