Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

didnt she say 0.5? meh.. i dont know thats weird. She could have just shut you down because too many people started asking. It's dumb for that girl to announce it to the world.. that group had ALOT of members.

lol I know, I have no idea why she did that!

why not just ask Dr.Wu what you must have gotten to be bumped, i bet she would say she doesn't bump. Also to bump students she would have to send a change grade report to the registrar office's, seeing how this is not the first years she's teaching she definitely has experienced things like this in the past and I believe if she wanted to bump students she would have waited until the students had a chance to mssg her b4 the marks were submitted.

I would like to know what she has to say.

She actually added 5 marks to everyone's final exam. And if a form is required to change a person's grade, then I don't think she really did it for that girl...hmmm....

Or too many people probably just asked for grade bumps, and so she started turning them down...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She actually added 5 marks to everyone's final exam. And if a form is required to change a person's grade, then I don't think she really did it for that girl...hmmm....

Or too many people probably just asked for grade bumps, and so she started turning them down...

cmon, this isn't the first time shes teaching a huge class... profs know that people will ask her to bump their grades EVERY year and it usually doesn't happen in large classes

also don't forget that class is filled with premeds, predentistry and preoptometry... so its very common for people to ask her to bump their grades

lol I know, I have no idea why she did that!

how do you know that she added 5 marks to everyones final?

cmon, this isn't the first time shes teaching a huge class... profs know that people will ask her to bump their grades EVERY year and it usually doesn't happen in large classes

also don't forget that class is filled with premeds, predentistry and preoptometry... so its very common for people to ask her to bump their grades

yeah of course I know that. That's what I'm saying, I don't think she'd bump up grades individually, because so many ppl would ask.

probably she told her/him in email when they asked for extra.

yupp email.

• 3 weeks later...
those who took phys 2, what are the labs like? do I need to be on the lookout for a good TA or does it not matter like research methods?

If you can and if he's still teaching it, take your lab with Marco Colavecchia. He's amazing! And they're brutally long and annoying.

Any tips on human Phys 2 and biomechanics?

I don't know what to tell you because I had different profs than you have now. I know that Dr. Drake and Dr. Moore are both very approachable (I'm thinking they're still teaching this course?) and awfully nice professors.

As for human phys II, I had Tara Haas and to be honest, didn't really enjoy it.... I don't know who is teaching it now...

If you can and if he's still teaching it, take your lab with Marco Colavecchia. He's amazing! And they're brutally long and annoying.

Are they worse than exercise phys? How are the lab quizzes?

Tara Haas is still teaching it btw and Drake and Moore are teaching biomech. I think Gage is the Associate dean so he is no longer teaching it?

Any tips on human Phys 2 and biomechanics?

biomechanics is easy if you've taken first year physics... plus they go at an extremely slow pace (its only 2 hours a week, fridays are tutorials)

if you have no or minimal background in physics, here are some tips:

- know how to use your calculator (know where the tan, sine and cos inverse buttons are... trust me there are students that don't know where they are)

- know your equations

- practice practice practice

- labs are easy marks... don't skip them!

- be very comfortable with the concepts... you only have 50 minutes during tests so you gotta be quick!

- know your definitions and units

biomechanics is easy if you've taken first year physics... plus they go at an extremely slow pace (its only 2 hours a week, fridays are tutorials)

if you have no or minimal background in physics, here are some tips:

- know how to use your calculator (know where the tan, sine and cos inverse buttons are... trust me there are students that don't know where they are)

- know your equations

- practice practice practice

- labs are easy marks... don't skip them!

- be very comfortable with the concepts... you only have 50 minutes during tests so you gotta be quick!

- know your definitions and units

thanks for the input charmer, and fridays are only tutorials??? thats sick!

those who took phys 2, what are the labs like? do I need to be on the lookout for a good TA or does it not matter like research methods?

I would like to know too! I just want to know if there are any bad TAs I should avoid...

Hahaha...no lab could be worse than exercise phys.

Phys II labs are boring but you don't need to participate much. Just write the quizzes and stay in the room.

Do they take the full 2 hours? I have a class right after mine.

Has anyone taking nutrition with Kelton and Adegoke (I think that's his name)? Are the exams easy? I'm taking this course as my biochem so I can't drop it, but would like some info. Comments on assignment marking, class attendence, would also be appreciated. Would ideally like to finish with a 90+.

What do you mean "as your biochem" ?

Has anyone taking nutrition with Kelton and Adegoke (I think that's his name)? Are the exams easy? I'm taking this course as my biochem so I can't drop it, but would like some info. Comments on assignment marking, class attendence, would also be appreciated. Would ideally like to finish with a 90+.

biochem? nutrition counts as a biochem? :confused:

I found it easy... tests are all MCs and they are very straightforward... its pretty much all memorization... not much to understand

They changed the assignments this year but last year, the assignments were bonus marks... there were 2 and each was 10%. The average for one of them was an A+ and the other one I think was an A. The final average of the course was a B (mid 70).

There is a bit of an overlap between health psyc and this course too... when you're talking about nutrition and chronic disease.

Yep, it counts as a biochem for Ottawa. I emailed them the syllabus. You can also take advanced nutrition as a second biochem.

Alright, that doesn't sound too terrible. Assignments are mandatory and worth 25% total this year, which is kind of nice. Thanks for the info :)

This is the greatest thing I've ever heard, merci CaptainCrunchMan! I don't know how you know all these things, but I hope you'll still be on this forum when you get into med :P

Archived