Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

Lol this thread has completely discouraged me from taking this course as an elective (was going to take it purely for interest, not mandatory for my program)

I don't understand how they can make phys so hard, my friends who are kin haven't taken science since grade 10 (when it was mandatory) and prob know literally nothing about basic science since it wasn't a HS requirement for them... I think it sucks for them and other BA kin majors who have to take this 'hard' science (compared to what their used to)- but wouldn't this make it much easier for Bsc majors, who usually have science background from HS?

I'm a BSc but every day of class I always have to say "poor poor BA students" lol especially in kine1020 as well when it was all about cellular respiration and he barely talked about what anything meant.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you get a 78.5 before they make any adjustments, then yes, you will get an A. In both phys I and II, 1% was added to everyones final grade and then .5 or higher was rounded after that.

You're BA psych too, right? I'd recommend it as an elective. It's not bad, it's just more difficult to get an A+ in compared to psych.

Lol I hate MC though! Like psych MC is okay, but I hate bio MC (so far) so I'm assuming phys MC will be a lot harder

lol but then the kine courses would not be as easy as they are now (especially biomechanics... some people don't even know how to use a calculator in that class :D)

Yeah, but kine has no place as an arts degree. It's the study of human movement. It's ridiculous that they even have a BA stream. It tricks a lot of students into thinking they won't have to take those hard core science courses and I don't think that is fair because ultimately they get screwed over. But yeah I know what you mean about the calculators...lol.

I'm pretty sure this is the last year they will have it (from what I've heard from Kin students)

Yeah, I heard rumours. I know who initiated this but I wasn't sure if it's going to take effect. That's fantastic news!

Yeah, but kine has no place as an arts degree. It's the study of human movement. It's ridiculous that they even have a BA stream. It tricks a lot of students into thinking they won't have to take those hard core science courses and I don't think that is fair because ultimately they get screwed over. But yeah I know what you mean about the calculators...lol.

Yeah, I heard rumours. I know who initiated this but I wasn't sure if it's going to take effect. That's fantastic news!

Well, they are still have a BA stream next year BUT to get in you need the same requirements as the BSC route, so 12U math, and a bio, physics or chem I believe.

gage?

10 char

Not just him. There were a lot of profs supporting this "motion".

Well, they are still have a BA stream next year BUT to get in you need the same requirements as the BSC route, so 12U math, and a bio, physics or chem I believe.

Well, this should have been a requirement all along. York is always the last to catch on...lol :rolleyes:

What exactly are they training people for after getting a BA in kine??

on a side note..

I feel like I have been pronouncing kine wrong this whole time..

It should be pronounced like KINASE (the enzyme) is pronounced. I don't know why we all call it kinesiology as in KIN..

What exactly are they training people for after getting a BA in kine??

on a side note..

I feel like I have been pronouncing kine wrong this whole time..

It should be pronounced like KINASE (the enzyme) is pronounced. I don't know why we all call it kinesiology as in KIN..

personal trainers, gym teachers?

Sorry to bump this, but have any of the kine majors here studied for a 2050 test (Mosher; stats) in 2 days?

His midterm is monday and my psych test is tuesday and I can only start studying for both Friday! I dont know if I should do 50/50 or just not do moshers and focus on psych.

Sorry to bump this, but have any of the kine majors here studied for a 2050 test (Mosher; stats) in 2 days?

His midterm is monday and my psych test is tuesday and I can only start studying for both Friday! I dont know if I should do 50/50 or just not do moshers and focus on psych.

Yeah... I've done it. However, his tests are tricky.... But I ended up getting an A+ in all midterms and exam. So it's doable.

Dude his midterm is on wednesday (feb 15), u gave me a heart attack!!

Dude his midterm is on wednesday (feb 15), u gave me a heart attack!!

aaaaahhahaha no way! I'm such a retard, I read his weekly schedule wrong and I remember in the beginning of the term he told us how to read it and how the first date just means "the week of.." and I remember thinking "what retard doesn't get this?" and it happened to be me.

yay!!

aaaaahhahaha no way! I'm such a retard, I read his weekly schedule wrong and I remember in the beginning of the term he told us how to read it and how the first date just means "the week of.." and I remember thinking "what retard doesn't get this?" and it happened to be me.

yay!!

LOL I did this exact same thing with me in bio... our prof was telling us how to read the lab schedule and I'm like 'honestly who doesn't get this after she explained it like 9 times' anyways... I ended up getting a make-up lab since I went to the wrong room haha

How similar would you guys say the NATS Anatomy course is to the KINE one? I know they're credit exclusions, but difficulty wise?

Just curious since I'm taking the NATS version and I wonder how they compare.

had no idea you were at york too!

I didn't even know there was a nats version.

I think it should be slightly easier?

How similar would you guys say the NATS Anatomy course is to the KINE one? I know they're credit exclusions, but difficulty wise?

Just curious since I'm taking the NATS version and I wonder how they compare.

why are you taking it? I think thats one of the harder NATS courses but it should stilll be easier.

I'm actually in the visual arts program, but I had been planning on doing a double major of kine and art except they screwed me out of it. So, to satisfy my want for a kine like course while I tried to get into the program, I took the NATS.

Now I am going to see if I get into concurrent ed before I decide if I want to double major as well.

Archived