Premed 101 Forums

York U anatomy and Phys I

kingston

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised:

Lecture from Sept 12, 2011: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0NLwxiZtaULY2MzN2U1ZTMtOWRkZS00M2Q5LTg4YmMtOTVjMzI0OGE3Mjgw&hl=en_US

Lecture from Sept 14, 2011: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0NLwxiZtaULNmE1NDkwMzgtMGFmNy00ZDU4LTkwN2YtM2Y3NGNhYjJlMDNj&hl=en_US

I tried to enhance them as much as possible to remove background noises so hopefully you find them usable/useful. You may need to listen to them with headphones over simply using your computer speakers. I find the audio to be a lot more crisp that way.

Cheers/Aaron

I try to record my lectures too,

Here is what we should do becuase it would be too hard to do it every time, we should just post up the lectures that someone missed, and not post up every time (because it would be too much of a pain).

I can also send notes if anyone wants them,.. we have a forum study group for this course :)

I don't have an issue posting up all the recordings because I transfer them and put on my ipod/ipad anyway so that I can listen while at the gym, doing cardio, sleeping (lol) etc. Basically, I'm doing it anyway and it doesn't take any effort to upload them to my google docs account.

Sadly, the PASS study group I am unable to attend due to the day and time (conflict with another course).

Now, if we on this board wanted to try and organize a study group I'd be down with that as long as peeps didnt mind me being the weakest of the group :o

oh ok,

I use iphone to record things so its a pain to get them on my comp, but if you missed any yourself, let me know.

we can even do the study group (they usually have failed when I tried them with biol 1010 in my first year) or on skype (if people can't meet at york)

Id be happy to help out if needed

I don't have an issue posting up all the recordings because I transfer them and put on my ipod/ipad anyway so that I can listen while at the gym, doing cardio, sleeping (lol) etc. Basically, I'm doing it anyway and it doesn't take any effort to upload them to my google docs account.

Sadly, the PASS study group I am unable to attend due to the day and time (conflict with another course).

Now, if we on this board wanted to try and organize a study group I'd be down with that as long as peeps didnt mind me being the weakest of the group :o

oh ok,

I use iphone to record things so its a pain to get them on my comp, but if you missed any yourself, let me know.

we can even do the study group (they usually have failed when I tried them with biol 1010 in my first year) or on skype (if people can't meet at york)

Id be happy to help out if needed

I'd join the study group whenever I can! :)

I wanted the biol1010 one to work out so badly but it never happened! And the trouble with it is that people want to do them right before a test and those I never like to attend because I always need last minute studying (for real) and not just chit chatting over basic things.

I'd join the study group whenever I can! :)

I wanted the biol1010 one to work out so badly but it never happened! And the trouble with it is that people want to do them right before a test and those I never like to attend because I always need last minute studying (for real) and not just chit chatting over basic things.

Kine study group sounds like a good idea! thanks Aaron for uploading those files, will have to watch them later when I get the chance.

Does anyone have a friend who dropped kine 2011 and still has their course kit? the bookstore's run out and won't be getting them til the 28th of september which is pretty annoying (and Wu doesn't post lecture slides online).

feedback from others is required.

Assuming I do well in Phys 1 I had intended on taking Phys 2 in the winter term. I am contemplating dropping it for BIO 1000 in the winter because both classes are held at the same time.

OR, if I do well in Phys 1, I can keep the Phys 2 and take both Bio 1000 and 1001 next year to satisfy bio some of the bio pre req's.

thoughts?

feedback from others is required.

Assuming I do well in Phys 1 I had intended on taking Phys 2 in the winter term. I am contemplating dropping it for BIO 1000 in the winter because both classes are held at the same time.

OR, if I do well in Phys 1, I can keep the Phys 2 and take both Bio 1000 and 1001 next year to satisfy bio some of the bio pre req's.

thoughts?

you can always ask for permission from the biol1001 prof to enrol into her course without the prereq... let her know that you've taken phys 1

that way you can take both biol1001 and phys2 next semester

you can always ask for permission from the biol1001 prof to enrol into her course without the prereq... let her know that you've taken phys 1

that way you can take both biol1001 and phys2 next semester

Hey thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear (sorry).

By pre req i mean med school pre req's for bio (full yr).

And i cant take both bio and phys 2 next semester since lectures are on the same day and time slot so im trying to figure out best options

Thanks again!

Hey thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear (sorry).

By pre req i mean med school pre req's for bio (full yr).

And i cant take both bio and phys 2 next semester since lectures are on the same day and time slot so im trying to figure out best options

Thanks again!

but there are 3 sections for biol 1001 n 2 sections for phys... they're all at the same time?

Aw I want to peer tutor.. I'm scared it'll eat up too much of my time though.

You can commit as little as 2 hours a week. I tutor 4 courses (officially) but overlap them so that I'm tutoring for 4 hours a week. In reality though, if someone asks for a General Chemistry question, I just help them anyway even though I'm not the "official tutor" for it.

Bethune sent a mass email to people who got good marks in those courses so if you do well enough you can apply.

You have to have a high mark to do that and only certain students get picked by the prof. :)

And WHOAAAA... when did bio become split into 2 courses?!?!?!!?!? :confused: I feel old. sigh..

Haha, just this year, so you're not that old :P

I was the last batch of "BIOL 1010".

You have to have a high mark to do that and only certain students get picked by the prof. :)

And WHOAAAA... when did bio become split into 2 courses?!?!?!!?!? :confused: I feel old. sigh..

I got an email asking if I wanted to be one from SOS/Bethune provided I have an A in whatever course. Didn't seem that rigorous lol.

You can commit as little as 2 hours a week. I tutor 4 courses (officially) but overlap them so that I'm tutoring for 4 hours a week. In reality though, if someone asks for a General Chemistry question, I just help them anyway even though I'm not the "official tutor" for it.

Bethune sent a mass email to people who got good marks in those courses so if you do well enough you can apply.

haha Yeah I got it. Hm, we'll see I guess. I don't want to wear myself out too thin, a bit too many ECs but if I have time I'll definitely look into it.

I got an email asking if I wanted to be one from SOS/Bethune provided I have an A in whatever course. Didn't seem that rigorous lol.

It was pretty crazy actually. We had like a 3 hour "rotating interview" with like 5 people per table and 30 minutes for ethical scenarios and stuff. Then we had a 8 hour Peer Mentor training session and then another 4 hour additional Peer Tutor training.

Lots of training for just tutoring...

Archived