Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations Are OUT!!!! Accepted/Rejected

nothing yet for me, I'm much more antsy today than I was yesterday. Not getting any news by 4.30 yesterday gave me a false sense of confidence. and now I'm terrified. I am refreshing premed 101 every 10 minutes or so.

This is torture.

im in same boat. had no expectation of interview, but survived wednesday

feel so sick.

i had to present for a 5xx level MSc course today too... FML

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if someone has pretty good NAQ (30's), but low AQ (20's) then can they go to school as an unclassified student and take "easy" courses, ideally get 90+ on them and possibly raise 1 or 2 %. then they can get a higher Aq, and hence an interview, but without doing good in their undergrad degree.

Hypothetical situation. but does that work?

this is addressed in their faq. isnt it?

The amount of stress hormones I've produced in this week is incredulous.

I'm quite confident in saying that my life expectancy has decreased from this process... Haha

No but seriously. I hope in the future they will change this window of notofications from a week to 2-3 days. They could have easily said notifications will happen Wed-Fri or thurs-Fri, etc...

The amount of stress hormones I've produced in this week is incredulous.

I'm quite confident in saying that my life expectancy has decreased from this process... Haha

No but seriously. I hope in the future they will change this window of notofications from a week to 2-3 days. They could have easily said notifications will happen Wed-Fri or thurs-Fri, etc...

yep this is messed up.

have done 80+ hrs of school work in last week on top of this stress, and had to submit my McGill app on Tues...

im DIEING. my gf hates me

feel so sick.

ha, that's too funny - I have a presentation too, tomorrow. Worth a considerable chunk of course mark, this stress isn't helping. And I agree with what other people are saying, this week has shaved at least a week or two off my life

Well, mdhopeful, you commented wonderfully on the present system which can be improved a lot. And I am qualified, academically. And, as a side note, if ubc wants to increase qualified ab physicians, they are not doing a great job with the ENORMOUS resources they have. But I will get answers today and write a letter about my concerns. Thank you everyone who did not jump all over me without clarifying during this stressful time. I hope everyone is treated fairly, not only me! Best of luck for success, everyone!

this is addressed in their faq. isnt it?

Yes, sorta, they say:

Should I repeat courses as an unclassified student to improve my academic grades?

Generally, we do not recommend repeating courses to improve your overall GPA. Students who enroll in unclassified, non-degree programs for the sole purpose of improving their academic qualifications are advised that only a small proportion of such candidates gain admission.

Not necessarily repeating courses. But taking new ones. And also, even though they say that, but they don't take into account if you actually do that or not because they just give u an AQ score based on all the courses you've taken. so if you can do that and get a higher AQ score, wont you probably get an interview? them looking at your application after your interview is another story, but just talking about getting an interview.

i dont know of anyone.. i reviewed the thread

but it means nothing. i should be rejected pre-interviiew this cycle, pretty certain.

M

me too, my avg is like 78% so even with a perfect score on NAQ , I won't get an interveiw and I still don't have an rejection email yet... but my roomate who was OOP got her rejection on friday last year (she didn't post) so i guess anyone can get rejection or accpeted on thurs or friday

The first invite post from last year was on Friday at 3:23pm. Some how the time stamp on the current posts are all 4 hours ahead of Pacific Time. If that was the case last year, then the time would be around 11am.

Edit: Okay, just refreshed my browser. The time stamps on the posts are now all in Pacific Time. So last year's invites might have started on Friday at 11am

me too, my avg is like 78% so even with a perfect score on NAQ , I won't get an interveiw and I still don't have an rejection email yet... but my roomate who was OOP got her rejection on friday last year (she didn't post) so i guess anyone can get rejection or accpeted on thurs or friday

have hope!

78 raw, or 78 aGPA? You could get an interview with 78 raw.. if ur aGPA >> 78.

with 78 aGPA your AQ is like ~10 so you'd need like 100% on NAQ.

Is ur NAQ good?

The first invite post from last year was on Friday at 3:23pm. Some how the time stamp on the current posts are all 4 hours ahead of Pacific Time. If that was the case last year, then the time would be around 11am.

Edit: Okay, just refreshed my browser. The time stamps on the posts are now all in Pacific Time. So last year's invites might have started on Friday at 11am

Last year invitiations were emailed 11:49 am, however the invitation is normally sent to the OAS inbox first. Here is my email title heading from last year:

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:49:58 -0800

Subject: Application Status

I came from the gutter.

Last 3 years and this year: 76%, 76.2%, 78% and this year 82.3%.

Next year, better!!

Good luck! Looks like you are doing a great job now. Pull it up to 85% next year and you'll get the interview :)

Kinda feel sorry for you...you miss the cutoff a bit every year

but work hard and you'll get a good chance next year~~

feel so sick.

Aww don't feel sick.

When I got my rejection yesterday, I was at work. I just looked at it, sighed, shrugged and logged out.

It you get in, AWESOME, but if not, just remember you are probably a really well-rounded and amazing individual, and you will just try again.

It's all going to be OK in the end. :)

Archived