Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Email

"Letters have been sent from this office, late last week, announcing our potential interview dates and letting you know how we have assigned your geographical status. You have the opportunity to respond to this letter letting us know if you are no available for one or two of the interview dates, and appealing the geographical status decision if you feel it is incorrect."

Does this mean I have an interview? Or are they testing the waters to see what dates people are free for?

"Letters have been sent from this office, late last week, announcing our potential interview dates and letting you know how we have assigned your geographical status. You have the opportunity to respond to this letter letting us know if you are not available for one or two of the interview dates, and appealing the geographical status decision if you feel it is incorrect."

Does this mean I have an interview? Or are they testing the waters to see what dates people are free for?

I think its the latter.

I emailed them and will post the answer. And yeah I didn't think this was for actual interviews.

If they didn't flat out say "you have an interview" they will not say it in an email.

Glimmer of hope: Mcgill did something similar a few years ago. Prior to the actual interview invites, there was an email sent out to ask which language they would want for their interview.

They sent these out to all applicants last year. Don't get too excited. :P

EDIT: I just checked and got one too. I suspect many people thought it was spam and deleted it, since the subject line only says 'letter.' I did that and then went through my trash when I saw your post.

I thought the one word title was odd :P And sigh I had a little glimmer of hope and now you've ruined it. Thanks captaincrunch :P

I'll have to recheck my letter, but I don't remember it saying anything about interview dates - do all of your letters mention the interview dates?

Would it make a difference that I'm OOP?

It definitely did say it (I'm IP though)- check again, I missed it the first time I read it since it just kind of mentions it briefly

Guest BluePin

Who sends a paper letter in response to an electronic application process?

And then follows it up with an email to let everyone know that there is a paper letter on the way?

No one thought it might be easier to just email everyone in the first place?

Who sends a paper letter in response to an electronic application process?

And then follows it up with an email to let everyone know that there is a paper letter on the way?

No one thought it might be easier to just email everyone in the first place?

It might be to prove that it is your real address?

Archived