Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

We need a 60% to pass. How that works exactly depends on the course - some courses, you have to have a 60% overall average across all exams and assignments and how you do on individual things doesn't matter. In other courses, there are certain components you must pass (e.g. you have to get a 60% overall and a 60% on the final exam) and in some others I think you have to pass every component with a 60%.

Looking at the class average and standard deviations on our exams this year, I would guess that it is extremely extremely rare for someone to fail, but I'm not really sure how much detail I can give on that.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen's is pass/fail too, but thing is, if the whole group scores 90 on an exam and you score 75, you will get called in to explain yourself (even though the pass mark is 60)

Same here - but it is more of a "anything going on we can help with type of question" than anything else. Probably similar at Queens(?)

Oh man I'm nervous and I feel like I've hit refresh on gmail so many times I might take down google servers...

Happens every year post cut offs - actually that is the argument for NOT releasing them until invites go out. So many keep worrying - sometimes even more - than prior to release.

Waiting for anything sucks - only thing I can over is just check the simple rules for interview we have applies. If they do then you are basically golden :)

Heart rate racing, blood pressure sky-rocketting! I'm going into heart failure! Wait, no, I'm ecstatic from the fact I got an interview!

This is unbelievable; I see the distant glimmer of light and hope at the end of the tunnel! Can't wait to hear from others on the forum! WOW

I feel the same way. Congrats!!!!!

Archived