Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeeDoc, hope you get a proper answer. Once you do, could you post asap here?

I'm already up the wall and hibernating there with a part of my soul positioned below a guillotine as though awaiting execution day.

Will do! :)

I mean, I know I shouldn't be stressing out... I have acceptances in the US. But that isn't Canada, ya know?

So I just got off the phone with Schulich Admissions... they were really nice... but vague... SO VAGUE.

But I guess they can be. Haha.

Cut-offs go up when invites go out. Maybe a couple days before the invites the cut offs will go up.

Invites go out end of January beginning of February as anticipated. That's all she wrote.

Stay sane people. We hear in a few weeks!

So I just got off the phone with Schulich Admissions... they were really nice... but vague... SO VAGUE.

Cut-offs go up when invites go out. Maybe a couple days before the invites the cut offs will go up.

Invites go out end of January beginning of February as anticipated. That's all she wrote.

lol...when I read cut offs go up, I interpreted it as it will increase..heart skipped a few beats. then i re-read the statement.

thanks for finding out!

hehehehe they are of course vague. Still that is good confirmation of the usual plan :)

So after doing some neurotic searching and reading...

Last year, they posted the cutoffs this weeks, on the 20th-21st of January.

Interviews didn't go out until 1st week of February... Guess I will be continuing to stalk the admissions page.

\yup that is right - but usually the invites and cut offs are much closer together. At least historically :)

\yup that is right - but usually the invites and cut offs are much closer together. At least historically :)

Last year they sent the invites out on like Feb. 2nd-4th I think.

Cutoffs were up on like the 21st... last year was a weird year though. They found out May 5th, instead of May 15th.

I have this delusional hope that they sent that email because they have determined that we have made the cutoffs and they just need to make sure we are ok for the other criteria... probably not true, but I have this tiny hope....

Maybe? Who knows...

I didn't receive such an e-mail. But I am not engaged in any school work currently and have my honors bachelor's degree.

Maybe they want to clarify stuff for masters students and stuff like that...?

Maybe? Who knows...

I didn't receive such an e-mail. But I am not engaged in any school work currently and have my honors bachelor's degree.

Maybe they want to clarify stuff for masters students and stuff like that...?

I'm pretty sure that's exactly right. They simply want to clarify what each applicant's current schooling status is

Not getting this email does not mean you are not going to get an interview - I didn't get one in my year for instance. The reverse is also true. We go through this every year - unfortunately at a time when everyone is already under stress. Hang in there we are getting very close to announcement time :)

... Hang in there we are getting very close to announcement time :)

Define "very close" :

a) nanoseconds

B) hours

c) days

d) weeks

e) none of the above

:P

I was trying to make this MCAT style but I think the MCAT had only 4 responses per question? I can't believe I forgot already...

Archived