Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the cut offs will be identical to last year (which disqualifies me, lol). I doubt there's reason to increase and certainly minimal reason to decrease anything given that the applicant pool typically gets more competitive with every passing year. Still, hope for the sake of hope's good :)

I think the cut offs will be identical to last year (which disqualifies me, lol). I doubt there's reason to increase and certainly minimal reason to decrease anything given that the applicant pool typically gets more competitive with every passing year. Still, hope for the sake of hope's good :)

I really really hope they stay the same.... It would justify my choice of not applying last year in the middle of my masters, because I made the cutoffs last year....

I have the same sentiment xD

Although, it would be nice for the other applicants if it went down :)

But for my own sanity...I hope they stay the same. Otherwise I'll have to punch myself.

Not gonna lie, hope verbal goes down to 10 and the other cutoffs go to 12/12/S. GPA goes up to 3.85

Fat chance eh :P

ouch :)

well I guess actually if the system at Schulich works the way it is often suppposed on here you don't want that to happen - the cut is designed to select about 450 people for interview. In your senario you just have a situation where everyone interviewed looks on paper MCAT and GPA more similar to you. What you really want is the cut offs to lower somehow, so you look compariatively better on paper. If a lower cut off would work then that means the total applicant pool is full of in theory weaker students and your chances just went up :)

rmorelan, everytime it says you are the most recent post in this thread, my heart skips a few systoles

so much for a "calming influence" on the forum :)

Unfortunately I cannot give a direct answer to when they will come out. I hate to repeat the annoying "soon" description. Still all signs do point to it not being much longer.

Also our first interview weekend is coming up on 5 weeks away, and I know we are gearing up in every way we can. It is going to be fun meeting all you in person again this year

Yeah, it'll be really really soon...

I applied for UWO's MD/PhD program this year and got my reject letter today. Thus, your invites should come VERY soon!

Best of luck to you all!

Sorry to hear that. I guess the cut offs are different for MD/PhD applicants? Else I don't see why the decisions would release prior to posting cut offs.

so much for a "calming influence" on the forum :)

Usually you're the eye of the storm but in January, thee art the tempest :)

ouch :)

well I guess actually if the system at Schulich works the way it is often suppposed on here you don't want that to happen - the cut is designed to select about 450 people for interview. In your senario you just have a situation where everyone interviewed looks on paper MCAT and GPA more similar to you. What you really want is the cut offs to lower somehow, so you look compariatively better on paper. If a lower cut off would work then that means the total applicant pool is full of in theory weaker students and your chances just went up :)

Ah but in my little world, that cutoff would really cut down on interview spots (especially that S), and give me a better shot!

I was actually thinking last night, and for a lot of us, (not) getting an interview boils down to approx 2-3 incorrect circles filled in on a single test test (assuming the VR remains at 11). It's kind of funny/tragic. But I guess that's the same with all hard MCAT cutoffs. Never thought of it that way before. :eek:

Ah but in my little world, that cutoff would really cut down on interview spots (especially that S), and give me a better shot!

I was actually thinking last night, and for a lot of us, (not) getting an interview boils down to approx 2-3 incorrect circles filled in on a single test test (assuming the VR remains at 11). It's kind of funny/tragic. But I guess that's the same with all hard MCAT cutoffs. Never thought of it that way before. :eek:

It is quite devastating when you think about it...

I don't benefit from the SWOMEN status I have... I make or exceed the cutoffs without the SWOMEN to help me out. I know a few people that the SWOMEN status has been their saving grace though...

haha beautiful

Usually you're the eye of the storm but in January, thee art the tempest :)

Yeah, it'll be really really soon...

I applied for UWO's MD/PhD program this year and got my reject letter today. Thus, your invites should come VERY soon!

Best of luck to you all!

Sorry to hear that! But maybe you're still in the running for the MD program.

You can take that one step further, a difference of 2-3 circles during a few crucial minutes can decide your entire career!

A good thing everyone here has already written the mcat... not to add additional stress.

Just slightly off topic: Does anyone have any information about the conditional acceptances? The situation where you have to maintain a 3.7 in your final year, when/why does this apply for UWO?

I think this only applies if only one of your undergrad years so far meets the 3.7 cut off. Not too sure though.

Just slightly off topic: Does anyone have any information about the conditional acceptances? The situation where you have to maintain a 3.7 in your final year, when/why does this apply for UWO?

Private message me if you have more specific questions regarding conditional acceptances, i'd be happy to clear anything up!

Ok people, let's get things moving. Let's do some serious joint positive ESP emissions towards UWO and see if the admissions Gods pick them up and respond.

Probably too late for today, but tomorrow would be sweet!

In our dreams... tomorrow would be sweet. But, I have a feeling they love Friday for some reason...

Archived