Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Satanism is never a solution.

Looooooooool

Come on UWO... let's DO this already.

I'm going to go to sleep, in the hopes that when I wake up this afternoon... the cutoffs will be posted... and maybe... just maybe, they'll have sent out invites too.

They've gotta send it out soon, cuz they need to give ample time for people to book means of travel. Like a flight from Vancouver or something to that effect.

Does anyone have MCAT stats for invites prior to last year? (ie the last few years?) Has it historically been 11 for VR? Any chance it will dip a few points?

Few points? Highly unlikely. VR fluctuates between 10 and 11, I believe. Might drop to a 10, with increase in GPA cutoff. Nothing less than 10, otherwise they would have far too many interviews.

Does anyone have MCAT stats for invites prior to last year? (ie the last few years?) Has it historically been 11 for VR? Any chance it will dip a few points?

It's been 11 for 2 years in a row, and it was a 10 in 2009. I think it's very unlikely to drop back to 10 but if it does drop, it will almost certainly never go below 10.

My best MCAT Verbal reasoning is a 12, but that was my first time writing it. The next time I got a 10, but everything else went up. Does anyone know if western takes the best scores or most recent?

Most recent...that sucks for you, I'm sorry :(

"If the MCAT is written more than once, the most recent writing of the MCAT is used."

http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/admissions/medicine/interviewfaq#FAQ_5

2nd year actually - interesting last years cut offs were the same as the year before.

I think it's the logical progression. I've said it before, but I think the MCAT cut offs will stay the same.

PS - 9

VR - 11

BS - 10

WS - Whatever it was...

The GPA cutoff was 3.7 last year with that 11 in verbal. Chances are the MCAT will be kept the same and the GPA will go up to 3.75 like it was 2 years ago.

Or, the cut offs could be the exact same as last year with a 3.7 GPA.

I seriously doubt they would go higher than 30 for the MCAT.

Lol, I feel your anxiety. I also got rejected from Queen's today (a very tough pill to swallow since I met all cutoffs and also thought I had a strong rest of the application) and my VR is 11 with a 3.7 on the dot on my worst out of the 2 best years.

Fingers crossed for a 3.7 GPA cutoff!!!

I really don't think there's any point in speculating what the cut offs are, except for freaking ourselves and each other out.

Clearly, things could change from year to year. like how everyone expected the cutoffs to be posted today, and surprise! nothing...

I do understand the agony though, I've lost count the number of times I've clicked refresh, and wondered what time the office closes: it's probably 4:30, or maybe it's 5:00, but it's FRIDAY, so will they close early? if they are posting today, would they actually wait until absolutely the LAST minute? etc etc....has been running through my mind all day. :(

NOOOOOOOOOO lol I have a 14 in verbal, but only a 3.73 in my best year

It would seem that the cutoffs fluctuate with the applicant pool. Most people with a 10 in verbal probably applied to Schulich as well, in the hopes that it would drop down. What they don't realize is... for the SWOMEN pool and the people that are above the cut offs, it becomes easier for the aforementioned to get interviews.

dassy, my fingers are crossed for you!

Lol, I feel your anxiety. I also got rejected from Queen's today (a very tough pill to swallow since I met all cutoffs and also thought I had a strong rest of the application) and my VR is 11 with a 3.7 on the dot on my worst out of the 2 best years.

Fingers crossed for a 3.7 GPA cutoff!!!

Appleman, I really hope they keep the cutoffs the same as last year. You've been one of the few that respond to my neurotic posts. I know that feel bro.

55556666.png

I really don't think there's any point in speculating what the cut offs are, except for freaking ourselves and each other out.

Clearly, things could change from year to year. like how everyone expected the cutoffs to be posted today, and surprise! nothing...

I do understand the agony though, I've lost count the number of times I've clicked refresh, and wondered what time the office closes: it's probably 4:30, or maybe it's 5:00, but it's FRIDAY, so will they close early? if they are posting today, would they actually wait until absolutely the LAST minute? etc etc....has been running through my mind all day. :(

Yeah, I was really expecting them today. Next Friday is Feb. 2nd, they definitely need to send them out then. It gives just a little under a month until the first set of interview dates.

Gotta give time for the mistakes to be fixed, and planning for stuff, etc.

Man, you got into top ranked schools in the US. You are very likely to get a Western interview with your SWOMEN status, MCAT + GPA...and if things worked out post-interview in the US, you can probably guess what will happen here. Try not to be neurotic. After seeing the candidates that Queen's rejected today, it seems that Western (hard cut-offs) is the only school that does not have a massive hungry hippos game set with balls marked with our names - everything eaten by the green hippo is an invite; the blue, pink and yellow hippos are rejected (true story). Good luck and we should all hear soon. A lot of the Ontario school are expected to send replies next week.

Appleman, I really hope they keep the cutoffs the same as last year. You've been one of the few that respond to my neurotic posts. I know that feel bro.

Man, you got into top ranked schools in the US. You are very likely to get a Western interview with your SWOMEN status, MCAT + GPA...and if things worked out post-interview in the US, you can probably guess what will happen here. Try not to be neurotic. After seeing the candidates that Queen's rejected today, it seems that Western (hard cut-offs) is the only school that does not have a massive hungry hippos game set with balls marked with our names - everything eaten by the green hippo is an invite; the blue, pink and yellow hippos are rejected (true story). Good luck and we should all hear soon. A lot of the Ontario school are expected to send replies next week.

I got a Queen's rejection too. That's primarily why I'm all neurotic right now. I just hope something doesn't go wrong at UWO/Western or whatever it is that they're calling it these days hahaha.

I'm confident in my ability to interview, I'm 4 for 4 in the US... but the waiting game is killing me right now.

Le sigh, I know it will be fine. Maybe I should take a few shots of something... If I wasn't sick and in bed, I'd probably be out for drinks right now. Being cooped up all day in bed lends to neuroticism... and the refresh button haahha

Good luck to you as well!!! Hope to see you around here :)

Archived