Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for those who got 'waiting' emails: i'm wondering if all of you have something in common, like reference letters that were handed in late? or could they be checking verifiers?

anon1234: I've already gotten interviews from 2 other Ontario schools so I'm certain my ref letters, transcripts, MCAT scores and app got to OMSAS on time. I agree with femme re: extenuating circumstances. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

anon1234: I've already gotten interviews from 2 other Ontario schools so I'm certain my ref letters, transcripts, MCAT scores and app got to OMSAS on time. I agree with femme re: extenuating circumstances. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

what ever it is they will work it out shortly. Sorry about the delay though!

I got my invite at 2:27 and had my last reference send in a letter in late November. If you are permanent residents though, and you have not send a copy of your PR card to the OMSAS office, Western might ask for a direct copy. They asked for a copy of my PR card last year - a week before the invites went out.

for those who got 'waiting' emails: i'm wondering if all of you have something in common, like reference letters that were handed in late? or could they be checking verifiers?

I also had all of my stuff received by OMSAS well in advance (and have another interview in Ontario), and I called OMSAS to make sure everything was there, so I'm assuming isn't not due to application materials not being there. I also have finished my second degree - so not waiting on any courses, or any extenuating circumstances during my second degree. I hope they haven't changed anything in regards to the second degree policies. I contacted Western many times to make sure my second degree complied.

Maybe they just didn't have time to look at the second degree/extenuating circumstances people yet? And just sent all of us the email, and they will look us over next week?

Got that email as well - also on second degree - also well ahead of cutoffs. Called OMSAS and everything was in order too.

Seems like a common denominator here. This is reassuring. I think.

Sure! don't stress out about it - it is an annoyance but won't take them too long to process in the office.

rmorelan: do you know what's happening about interview dates this year? The first year students at Schulich told me that last year they could rank date/time. In the email I received today it said I would "soon receive an email from Pamela Bere, the Manager of Admissions & Student Affairs, with information about your interview time." I just want to make sure I'm not missing something - if we can rank the weekends I really want the second one (I have 4 midterms right after the first interview weekend). Do you know if they will allow us to rank again this year, or if they are just going to assign us a date? Thanks! I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same question.

rmorelan: do you know what's happening about interview dates this year? The first year students at Schulich told me that last year they could rank date/time. In the email I received today it said I would "soon receive an email from Pamela Bere, the Manager of Admissions & Student Affairs, with information about your interview time." I just want to make sure I'm not missing something - if we can rank the weekends I really want the second one (I have 4 midterms right after the first interview weekend). Do you know if they will allow us to rank again this year, or if they are just going to assign us a date? Thanks! I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same question.

That should be want the login system is for - so you can set up your times etc :)

That should be want the login system is for - so you can set up your times etc :)

So did everyone's email say to wait for another email about interview time? Or have people already gone on to this login system to choose date/time? Should I try to get on or wait because I haven't been given the instructions? Is it first come/first served? Thanks a lot for the replies, I'm just a bit worried about the dates! :)

Archived