Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

What is exactly is the "3/5 rule"?

In your first year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 1st year or above

In your 2nd year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 2nd year or above

In your 3rd year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above

In your 4th year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above.** Note: A mix of 3rd and 4th year courses to make up the 3 full course equivalents is acceptable in the fourth year

If you do a fifth year of study prior to graduating, 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above as for the fourth year

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oooooooooooooooh boy....

I WAS NAPPING.

I can't believe I napped through the posting. Oh well.

Finally, the cut offs are up and things are looking good. Invites should be on their way soon :)

I'm shocked about the O writing sample and the GPA remaining the same. But hey, that's wonderful news.

I HIGHLY doubt they are interviewing more than 450 applicants. They simply do not have the capacity/space to do so.

Wake up :)

Sorry it took so long but I guess they did say feb - we will have to make sure that expectation is still in place for next year.

Wake up :)

Sorry it took so long but I guess they did say feb - we will have to make sure that expectation is still in place for next year.

I'm wide awake now... but don't worry, going back to sleep soon :)

Also, it looks like 4:30 p.m. has come and gone... looks like invites will go out tomorrow.

Hahaha who knew lol. The 2nd half of this prediction will be the icing on the cake :) I am betting the email notifications will come out tomorrow anytime between 12 pm and 2 pm

Upbeat... I seriously hope you're right bro. (At least I think you're a dude?) hahah

I made the cut. :) I am in my fourth year completing an Honours degree. I'm pretty sure I will be able to graduate with Honours. Does the requirement for Honours or equivalent refer to completion of degree prior to start of medical school or prior to submitting the application?

Prior to starting med school :)

Hmmm are you sure? Post to go over if you like.

Well, you guys would know better. For first year all my courses were at the 1000 level. For both second year and third year only 5 out of 10 courses were at the level of the year or higher. For fouth year, 6 out of 10 courses are 3000 or higher.

I could have met the rule during the third year, but I ended up taking 2 second year chemistry courses to keep my doors open. And they were hard lol. But thanks for offering to look over them :)

Well, you guys would know better. For first year all my courses were at the 1000 level. For both second year and third year only 5 out of 10 courses were at the level of the year or higher. For fouth year, 6 out of 10 courses are 3000 or higher.

I could have met the rule during the third year, but I ended up taking 2 second year chemistry courses to keep my doors open. And they were hard lol. But thanks for offering to look over them :)

What years did you hit cut off?

Archived