Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt the GPA requirement would go up to 3.75, and the W to R all in the same cycle, maybe one of those things... although realistically, I think it would make more sense to up the MCAT bio score, I mean after all, this IS med school.

Most applicants have high bio scores... the whole point is to cut down the pool in another way.

I also have that same feeling. Like they should have known the cutoffs awhile ago. Why haven't they posted them? It makes me wonder that something this cycle might be changing....

They do know the cut offs. They have already rejected MD/PhD applicants who do not meet the criteria for the MD portion of the program.

Nothing is changing really. Except the values of the cutoffs maybe.

I also have that same feeling. Like they should have known the cutoffs awhile ago. Why haven't they posted them? It makes me wonder that something this cycle might be changing....

Not sure exactly why this year they haven't released the cut offs yet but don't take it as a impedding bad sign - from the office perspective they are doing exactly what they said they would do on the website with a Feb release.

People always read into any delays - it is totally natural - but it is just a hard working office trying to get through absolutely correctly a mountain of applicants . No one wants any mistakes - we all have seen the mess that makes!

They have already rejected MD/PhD applicants who do not meet the criteria for the MD portion of the program.

I'm not so sure about this. I know people who applied to the MD/PhD program who did not meet last year's verbal cut off (which we are all assuming is the same for this year) who have not yet been rejected (or offered an interview invite).

Does anyone know if Western's interview dates are decided for you (like McMaster, where you must attend that date or not attend at all), if it's done through a booking system (like UBC and Queen's), or if it's flexible (like UofT)?

Last year it was a booking system. I'm assuming its the same this year.

So my boyfriend took this photo to cheer me up from all the rejections I've been receiving. And I thought that everyone else on here who has been rejected and waiting for a Western invite should also be cheered up :)

(yes, the pikachu does say defibrillator on it :P )

post-24056-14074479526_thumb.jpg

Okay Western... I am out of cortisol and so not interested in making more! There is only so many times I'll refresh your page before I hate purple so much just the sight of it makes me cry.

I still love purple... but yeah this sucks. I hope we find out tomorrow.

So my boyfriend took this photo to cheer me up from all the rejections I've been receiving. And I thought that everyone else on here who has been rejected and waiting for a Western invite should also be cheered up :)

Adorable. <3

Happy February!

Let's hope this is the day...

LOLLL oh man Deedoc, that made me laugh so hard. I guess because everyone's been waiting for February so much.

Awesome start to the day already! :D I don't have a chance at UWO but best of luck to all!

LOLLL oh man Deedoc, that made me laugh so hard. I guess because everyone's been waiting for February so much.

Awesome start to the day already! :D I don't have a chance at UWO but best of luck to all!

Well otherwise... I've been a nervous wreck for no reason over the last couple of days...

I'm almost to the point of not caring... Maybe they'll make us wait it out some more and hear back on Friday...?

Oh, THE HORROR!

Good thing I just took an Ambien...

Hahah that is so cute!

Archived