Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I vote that DeeDoc makes the call. DeeDoc defines this thread...and he said his blood is purple.

I did make the call... she giggled when she figured out what I was calling about.

If that lady creeps these boards...

(You were very nice, and answered my question :) thank you )

Sooooo it seems like they're trying to get some things in order, application checking for 3/5 rule etc. (I assume)

It looks like early February is the game plan... probably by February 3rd? It's a Friday? Falls into their pattern...

I think that the window between posting cut-offs and the actual emails will probably be shorter this year...it seems to me that they like to give people a month between invite and the first interview weekend - can't remember when that is scheduled for, maybe first weekend of March?

Even if they had increased application numbers... they will interview 450 applicants.

Western might have to be so crafty to have cut offs like these... to cut down the numbers

My prediction...

BS - 10

VR - 11

PS - 9

WS - Q or R

GPA - 3.75

I dearly hope its not R...

And a combination of 11VR + R... I think they may have just cut a little too many?

I dearly hope its not R...

And a combination of 11VR + R... I think they may have just cut a little too many?

I hope so too, for the sake of my friends applying.

But I'm just trying to come up with a logical reason as to why it's taken them this long to release information that they already have? As in, maybe they have to tweak cut offs etc.

I know that a couple years back, the admissions reps were adamant against in the increase of the verbal score to 11, citing the "Well, I wouldn't be sitting here, if that was the case last year"... it flew for one year... hence the GPA went up to 3.75 that year.

I hope so too, for the sake of my friends applying.

But I'm just trying to come up with a logical reason as to why it's taken them this long to release information that they already have? As in, maybe they have to tweak cut offs etc.

I know that a couple years back, the admissions reps were adamant against in the increase of the verbal score to 11, citing the "Well, I wouldn't be sitting here, if that was the case last year"... it flew for one year... hence the GPA went up to 3.75 that year.

Thats a good point and many that i bet forget when they're making considerations like this.

Sadly, laws of supply and demand exist and an equilibrum must be set to a point of efficiency and Equity

Thats a good point and many that i bet forget when they're making considerations like this.

Sadly, laws of supply and demand exist and an equilibrum must be set to a point of efficiency and Equity

The admissions reps are first year students, and ideally they are fighting for us the applicants. It's an uphill battle when administration wants to go to a VR of 11.

Either way, we should be put out of our misery soon enough... Tomorrow is February 1st, and I swear I'll be calling by Friday if I don't hear anything.

If the verbal doesn't go down to 10 this year then thats 0/4 for me in this cycle. I should probably start thinking about next year's cycle. Good luck everyone.

If it makes you feel better, under those same circumstances I'd be sitting at 0/6;)

If it goes up to 3.75 I will actually start crying:( I have a 3.73 and I'm down to my last 2 schools. I am just praying that the cutoff stays at

I hope that I'm wrong... I really do.

If the verbal doesn't go down to 10 this year then thats 0/4 for me in this cycle. I should probably start thinking about next year's cycle. Good luck everyone.

I don't think that's a likely possibility... but hey... maybe? I hope we all get interviews :)

In any case, I really hope cutoffs are released tomorrow... a lot of us need a break after the last two weeks... and it really looks like Western will be my only Ontario interview!

I would be lying in saying that this whole thing isn't a source of anxiety for me...

Archived