Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

Oh haha!! Funny you mention these people types - I fit into "coop" (which is what UWO told me to choose for my program despite it having a 3rd year clinical only) and dual degree.

For this very reason, I would rather just see the invite email lest I lose sleep thinking "I meet the cutoffs, but what if they don't like my degree type" -_-

ha :) Exactly. Premeds are a bit neurotic - until you get the confirmation then they are are worried (I was of course the same way). Even when you get accepted there is still the same nagging thought that you might be missing something important. On one hand it is very helpful to be extra worried and thus careful but the downside is the extra stress.

I still have all those detailed notes on all the schools, flowcharts, stats analysis, rumour lists, contact info..... :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ha :) Exactly. Premeds are a bit neurotic - until you get the confirmation then they are are worried (I was of course the same way). Even when you get accepted there is still the same nagging thought that you might be missing something important. On one hand it is very helpful to be extra worried and thus careful but the downside is the extra stress.

I still have all those detailed notes on all the schools, flowcharts, stats analysis, rumour lists, contact info..... :)

Pretty much... I just need to know that I have an interview and a set date to interview. Then, waiting for the decision is no big deal, because you know it's coming on May 15th no matter what.

It's this whole not knowing when interviews go out that makes it difficult...

Pretty much... I just need to know that I have an interview and a set date to interview. Then, waiting for the decision is no big deal, because you know it's coming on May 15th no matter what.

It's this whole not knowing when interviews go out that makes it difficult...

I really hope that works for you! People are generally crawling the walls post interview as well. None of the waiting is fun :(

small point - you might be waitlisted and have it drag on from there (hopefully not for any one person but of course over all I know it will happen to about 1/3 of the people).

I suppose Schulich could give a definite date - so far out as to them being ready regardless but likely that means they would be sitting on things in most cases for a bit. Not sure which would be better for stressing?

I really hope that works for you! People are generally crawling the walls post interview as well. None of the waiting is fun :(

small point - you might be waitlisted and have it drag on from there (hopefully not for any one person but of course over all I know it will happen to about 1/3 of the people).

I suppose Schulich could give a definite date - so far out as to them being ready regardless but likely that means they would be sitting on things in most cases for a bit. Not sure which would be better for stressing?

I waited post interview at American schools, and I knew what date I could expect to hear news. Low and behold, that is when I heard the good news.

I hope I don't get waitlisted at UWO, THAT waiting is definitely killer...

If I post what schools, I will be giving my identity away to other people I know that use/read these boards :)

The schools are well respected (or so I hear), and I got into one top 10, the rest are top 50 according to the USnews ranking. The USnews ranking is completely bogus though.

My American converted GPA is 4.0, my Canadian cGPA is 3.89, my best two years as UWO calculates would be a 3.95 and a 3.9.

My MCAT is >36 and with a 12 in verbal.

How does Deedoc not get an interview at Queens?! I would kill for that mcat score.

Don't worry deedoc, your time (in Ontario) will come. If I can get an interview, you most certainly will.:)

How does Deedoc not get an interview at Queens?! I would kill for that mcat score.

Don't worry deedoc, your time (in Ontario) will come. If I can get an interview, you most certainly will.:)

Perhaps Queens didn't like my reference letters? Although, I used the same ones for the US... so I don't know? Hahah, I'm not distraught over it. UWO is where I really want to be anyway. :)

Well, if it was a strip tease - they should release each section of the MCAT over the next 4 weeks. If it was a tease from a crush, they should release a mirrored, red font version to show blush and the person looking away when you look in their direction.

It's like being teased... ughhh

It was down for 20-30 min earlier this morning. I don't know much about website maintenance and such, does anyone know if it could be related to the cutoffs? The rest of the UWO websites remained up during the downtime which seems suspicious to me.. I was expecting the cutoffs when it started loading again.

The site is working fine for me right now...

maybe the cut offs posted from last year are the same as this years... and they just forgot to change the date from Fall 2011 to Fall 2012?

The site is working fine for me right now...

maybe the cut offs posted from last year are the same as this years... and they just forgot to change the date from Fall 2011 to Fall 2012?

Haha so then what did they take the website down to change???

It's nice that everyone's so on top of things... I bet I could check here instead of the admissions website and get notified of the new cutoffs at pretty much the same time. Of course, no matter how sound I think that logic is, it doesn't mean I can tear myself away from the other page!

Archived