Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs before invites go out

Ah but in my little world, that cutoff would really cut down on interview spots (especially that S), and give me a better shot!

I was actually thinking last night, and for a lot of us, (not) getting an interview boils down to approx 2-3 incorrect circles filled in on a single test test (assuming the VR remains at 11). It's kind of funny/tragic. But I guess that's the same with all hard MCAT cutoffs. Never thought of it that way before. :eek:

ahh a see :) Except we will always want 450 applicants or so. We don't want to reduce that - much further and there becomes much less of a point to interview at all

yeah it really isn't much for the VR! I remember getting an essay topic in a subject I happen to know pretty well. Now I have to wonder if that random luck aspect lead to my score. Hehehehe dangerous thoughts :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In our dreams... tomorrow would be sweet. But, I have a feeling they love Friday for some reason...

Sure it is like anything - you tell yourself you want to do X this week and you still get a piled on work wise. Then you see a looming deadline, ie Friday, and finally just push to reach it no matter what else is looming :)

Still the announcement can come out at anytime. There is no real magic about Fridays.

there is a firefox add on called Check4change. You can set it to auto refresh a page every few second or minutes. If any text or anything changes on the website, the software will tell you a change has occurred.

I used to use it when grades were being uploaded but I'm determined NOT to use it for admissions. But maybe someone here will find it useful, haha

GL everyone. I have no chance at Western but I'm rooting for ya all

there is a firefox add on called Check4change. You can set it to auto refresh a page every few second or minutes. If any text or anything changes on the website, the software will tell you a change has occurred.

I used to use it when grades were being uploaded but I'm determined NOT to use it for admissions. But maybe someone here will find it useful, haha

GL everyone. I have no chance at Western but I'm rooting for ya all

You never know! Good luck!

(chorus - everyone else) Hi benge!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii benge!

That is crazy intense!

Also fun fact and something to distract us : UWO is no longer. As of today, its WU. Western University. Sounds strange but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%22Western%20University%22/slideshow/videos?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWw6GqNrvCFY

For the record, it DOES say February on their website

It has said February in years past... but they usually post them by the end of the last week in January. In this case... I HOPE it's today.

I just want to see them posted, so that I know the invites are on their way shortly thereafter...

Archived