Premed 101 Forums

Official McMaster 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

Well.. Seeing as I started the thread, I might as well start the list of rejections.. It has been 40 minutes since any emails, so I am going to assume the obvious at this point.

1. Regrets

2. Ottawa

3. 3rd year

4. 3.90 GPA

5. 11 VR

6. Other Comments: Thought my Casper answers were decent, but a bit unbalanced.. Long paragraph for first answer, but then only a few sentences for next couple of answers for a given scenario. Only school I applied to this year so big bummer for me not even getting an interview =( I was hoping for it with my GPA and Verbal.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assumed Rejection

Geographical Status: Ontario (Toronto)

Category: 4th year, UofT UG

cGPA: 3.33

Verbal: 14

Other Comments: I thought I did really well on Casper, felt well prepared and answer a lot for every question...guess it was the GPA that helped bring me down :( down to my last two now

Assumed Rejection

Geographical Status: Ontario (Toronto)

Category: 3th year undergraduate

cGPA: 3.96

Verbal: 11

Other Comments: It is hard to tell how well I did on Casper as even though I thought it went well, I have no comparison point. Congrats to everyone who got an interview and for those who didn't, there's always next year.

1. Invited/Regrets : Invite

2. Geographical Status: Ontario

3. Category: BMSc Grad '11

4. GPA : ~3.9

5. Verbal: 10

I didn't get invites to Queens (which I thought I would get) or Ottawa (ABS wasn't up to par for them), I had basically written off Mac because I wasn't pleased with my CASPer performance...so I'm still in absolute shock. Is this real?! I keep thinking about last year's Queens mishap for some of my friends and remain skeptically ecstatic lol

:D

Hey all,

I'm a current McMaster MD student and I just wanted to put the correct information out there for all of those on here wondering and worrying. Packages (for those invited to interview) and letters (for those who are not invited to interview) left McMaster, by mail, yesterday. Those who are receiving an invitation package also received an email from Wendy today. She is not emailing the others – their personalized letter should reach them in the next few days.

Take care, and good luck.

Hey all,

I'm a current McMaster MD student and I just wanted to put the correct information out there for all of those on here wondering and worrying. Packages (for those invited to interview) and letters (for those who are not invited to interview) left McMaster, by mail, yesterday. Those who are receiving an invitation package also received an email from Wendy today. She is not emailing the others – their personalized letter should reach them in the next few days.

Take care, and good luck.

Thanks, Dan.

No real surprise -

but:

Rejected

OOP

3.5 GPA

MSc in progress

10 VR

Thought Casper was average at best.

Good luck with your interviews!

1. Invited/Regrets: Invite

2. Geographical Status: Wishful part of my head

3. Category: Dreams

4. GPA : 4.00 OMSAS

5. Verbal: 15

Haha I like it!

OK here we go...

1. Invited/Regrets: (assumed) Regrets :(

2. Geographical Status: Toronto

3. Category: Masters completed

4. GPA : 3.51 (ya, I know...)

5. Verbal: 11

6. Other Comments: Thought the CASPer went alright, but nothing spectacular I guess...prepared for it by reviewing some ethics case studies

1. Invite/Regrets: Invite! =)

2.Geo status: Toronto

3. Category: 4th year undergrad

4. GPA: 3.87

5. Verbal: 8

6. Other comments: Totally was not expecting this, given my verbal score. I'm still in shock to be honest. But, for those of you with low verbal scores, don't give up hope! =)

1. Invite/Regrets: Invite! =)

2.Geo status: Toronto

3. Category: 4th year undergrad

4. GPA: 3.87

5. Verbal: 8

6. Other comments: Totally was not expecting this, given my verbal score. I'm still in shock to be honest. But, for those of you with low verbal scores, don't give up hope! =)

when was this invite sent?

1. Invite

2. In province, GTA

3. 3rd year

4. 3.62 GPA (3.37 1st year, 3.87 second year)

5. 10 VR

6. Other Comments: Totally and utterly surprised! Considering my stats and the fact that I thought I did well on CASPer (but not well enough to make up for my stats), I was expecting the rejection and braced myself for it mentally. So you can imagine how elated I am about this right now. This was supposed to be a trial run just so I can get used to the application process and I was not expecting to get this far at all! Good luck to everyone else!

Time stamped 3:05 and from Wendy.

1. Invited (3:03pm)

2. Geographical Status: Ontario

3. Category: Graduated June 2011

4. GPA: 3.96 (I think)

5. Verbal: 10

6. Other Comments: I prepared a bit for Casper by reading ethic scenarios and reviewed my ABS/personal essay, but when the test came, I just ended up going with the flow since there was no time to think.

1. Regret - Officially received my letter in the mail on Feb. 6

2. Ontario

3. Completed BSc, Completed MSc, currently doing 2nd UG

4. cGPA: 3.28 (I know :( )

5. VR: 9

6. I didn't received an email today, so I assume I'm on the list of rejections. Although I am a little disappointed, I can't say I'm surprised with my stats. I'm 0/3 so far this year...c'mon UofT!!!

Congrats to everyone who received an invite. Best of luck with the interviews. I spent 6 years at McMaster (UG and MSc) and can honestly say it's a great school.

Archived