Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Everyone!

I received a waitlist offer last year a few days after the deadline for everyone to choose an offer...I tried my best to not hope for an offer before then and it helped manage the wait.

I know how much it SUCKS to keep waiting after offer day since you've already been waiting a year (or more!) and it seemed like yesterday might finally end that. Toronto waitlist does move and the school has you on there because they still want you in the class! they are just trying to figure out a way to get you in. Once you are in the group of applicants who are getting interviews and waitlist offers then you will get into med eventually. You are in the group they want, so stick with it. Did too many mcat verbal passages to give up now, right? bleh

Lots of people in my class got in off the waitlist and a huge percentage took 2+ years to get in...I think waiting a little longer can help you appreciate the experience more throughout med school especially when the work piles up...and helps you remember how strong you are for being so persistent. Some of the best people in my class were definitely not the first to get in.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you this fall :)

Hey Everyone!

I received a waitlist offer last year a few days after the deadline for everyone to choose an offer...I tried my best to not hope for an offer before then and it helped manage the wait.

I know how much it SUCKS to keep waiting after offer day since you've already been waiting a year (or more!) and it seemed like yesterday might finally end that. Toronto waitlist does move and the school has you on there because they still want you in the class! they are just trying to figure out a way to get you in. Once you are in the group of applicants who are getting interviews and waitlist offers then you will get into med eventually. You are in the group they want, so stick with it. Did too many mcat verbal passages to give up now, right? bleh

Lots of people in my class got in off the waitlist and a huge percentage took 2+ years to get in...I think waiting a little longer can help you appreciate the experience more throughout med school especially when the work piles up...and helps you remember how strong you are for being so persistent. Some of the best people in my class were definitely not the first to get in.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you this fall :)

Thanks MD2015, that's a big confidence boost as although I know its a huge honor to be on the wait-list, I really am anxious to see it start moving! Glad to know though that if this year is not a success, next year likely will be. :)

Would toronto have anything on us though, that we were put on the waitlist? Or would they literally start from scratch if we applied again and be totally blind to it :S

I don't think they could factor in our previous waitlisting were we to reapply, but I think MD2015 just means that we have the favourable qualities they are looking for and should be persistent!

Lol someone last year said "congrats" to me for getting put on the waitlist and i wanted to punch them in the face! haha Waitlist feels so close yet so far away.

But....you didnt get a rejection because they like you and your application...and that means you did everything right. It is just so brutal that canada has so many great applicants and so few spots. If you have to go through another application cycle, at least your resume and interview skills are in the ballpark that they are looking for and you realistically dont have to improve your application that much more to get in. Getting zero interviews or all rejections after 5 interviews would mean you have a lot more work to do. I had zero interviews the first time I applied and so the year following involved way too much work/school/mcat for comfort yuck.

In response to the other question, they will not know next year if you've applied before, interviewed before, or held a prior waitlist spot. But fingers crossed your stats and resume will get you an interview both times

Hey 2012 hope-boxers!! -- Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I was one of you guys just last year and I know it is unbelievably crazy to wait but keep your hopes up!!!

I interviewed at mac queens uoft and uwo mdphd, I was declined at uwo, and waitlisted everywhere else -- and funny enough I thought out of all the wait lists I was sitting on, UofT was probably my worst shot but alas, here I am.

I didn't hear until early june (june 3rd to be exact) and I know quite a few people in my current class that also got in off of the wait list (to both MAM and UTSG)

so try your hardest to keep yourselves pre-occupied and try to think positively, amazing, unexpected things can happen :)

Archived