Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

OOP. Loved it there so I am hopeful. Email was just about making sure we have access to our emails in May.

Aww :( But you got NOSM though right?

Seems like a ton of PM101ers got rejected today!

Ya it looks like a lot of really good candidates got rejected in the past couple of days. It's a shame really! I did get an interview at NOSM. Sorry I was just bitter and complaining. Now I have to focus my energy on kicking butt in the NOSM interview to get one of those 64 coveted spots! Good luck with UofC!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fresh_Underwear

The last few days has been brutal and I'm just here to add some more hope to keep this going until the very end. I hope there are still more people out there that are waiting.

Guest Fresh_Underwear
Awesome, do you know any other PhD students that are waiting?

Unfortunately, no. Most of the PhD that I know who applied has already gotten/completed their interviews so it's frustrating to be sitting here in this position. I'm leaning toward either they just got to my files yet or they're not sure whether to reject me or not. Either way its frustrating because when I defend my thesis depends on whether or not I get this interview.

Unfortunately, no. Most of the PhD that I know who applied has already gotten/completed their interviews so it's frustrating to be sitting here in this position. I'm leaning toward either they just got to my files yet or they're not sure whether to reject me or not. Either way its frustrating because when I defend my thesis depends on whether or not I get this interview.

I know quite a few PhD students waiting, including myself. But I agree, I don't thinks they know what to do with us.

I also don't think interviews are given on a rolling basis for PhD students (my opinion only). They can't compare us to undergrads or even masters students so I've always thought that we were in a separate pile.

I think the question we should be asking is "has any PhD student been rejected yet?"

Last week for all who are still waiting! I'm a 4th year undergrad who has yet to hear back from them. Wish they give us a reply soon. I need to make necessary arrangements since I still have my undergraduate exams to take care of next month. Sighz...

Last week for all who are still waiting! I'm a 4th year undergrad who has yet to hear back from them. Wish they give us a reply soon. I need to make necessary arrangements since I still have my undergraduate exams to take care of next month. Sighz...

I can't believe that there are still people waiting... that's crazy. There must be a way to get through these files faster than they are...

Yep... friday is the latest so 3 more days (max) left!

lots of us still waiting? or pretty slim pickings left? find it hard to believe they still left UG interviews to schedule during their exam period!

(I'm an MSc myself and heard rumors that the bulk of the april invites may be for grad applicants due to exam conflicts. not really looking that way though!)

lots of us still waiting? or pretty slim pickings left? find it hard to believe they still left UG interviews to schedule during their exam period!

Yea. I just hope they would at least let us know soon about our outcome. I have exams between April 12 and April 25 so the interview (if any), would be right in the midst of all my exams, so all I ask is at least some advance notice (that's not too much to ask, I hope). Really didn't think that they would keep my file for this long...

Guest Fresh_Underwear

Congrats!! I finally got mine as well!! So excited and the wait was really a killer. I'll post my stats later as well.....just too excited to do anything now!!:eek:

Archived