Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a question for everyone here. I was rejected from the MD/PhD program today (finally), but since i haven't heard anything back from the normal MD program, i was wondering whether i'm still in the running for that program? Or do you only get the 1 rejection? Thanks in advance?

I think so...I asked if I could have the weighting formula with one year at 27 credits. That would explain a lot. I was expecting to get dinged on the first day! Another school was ok with my 24 MCAT though, so I won't be too upset when I get my impending rejection.

I don't think it matters if you ask for the weighting in special circumstances, in terms of getting an interview early or late. I had less than a full course load one year and asked for the weighting to be applied, and I interviewed on the first interview day.

Just curious, CaptainCrunchMan, did you fill out the question prior to the personal statement regarding transcripts and true academic ability?

My friend and I had our final reference letter received at the same time (he's interviewed already) and we were speculating that they review these apps last.

Would be interesting to see if anyone else falls in this category who's still waiting.

I did fill out that personal statement, but I was rejected already 2 weeks ago with that last big batch. So that's probably not the reason you haven't heard back yet.

I knew it! My app was used to wipe someones bum, then. Only logical explanation as to why I have not heard.

my thought exactly - some amazing applicants have been rejected. I feel they might have misplaced mine :S

There still seems to be quite a number of people checking - does that mean many of us are left?

I predict at least 500ish? What do you guys think?

I think that's rather high, considering the number of recent rejections. I would guess less than 300 at this point, assuming they started reviewing in early January at the earliest. Of course this is pure speculation.

I think that's rather high, considering the number of recent rejections. I would guess less than 300 at this point, assuming they started reviewing in early January at the earliest. Of course this is pure speculation.

I would think lower? But you are right this is all speculation now.. however, I'm just paranoid that I prob got a rejection a longgg time ago and automatically deleted my spam without looking it over.. anyone else feeling the same way?

My university mail rarely gets spam but even so i set the spam filter to off so i know i havent missed it

It seems to be getting pretty quiet in here.. does anyone know how many applicants are interviewed roughly on each interview day? Since I'm assuming they are reviewing for the April 21/20th weekend only now

It seems to be getting pretty quiet in here.. does anyone know how many applicants are interviewed roughly on each interview day? Since I'm assuming they are reviewing for the April 21/20th weekend only now

yes...eerily quiet! I believe i heard somewhere that its ~55 interviewees/day, so I'd assume roughly 110 spots left. who knows how many remaining to be reviewed though. they did say that they'd open up more interview days if need be, although I'm doubtful it'll go beyond Apr 20/21 just due to time constraints. :(

It was an interesting experience guys. I didn't expect such a late rejection and hoped that my essay explained my less than stellar GPA but apparently not. I'll be interviewing at Mac over this weekend so it's just one shot for me this year.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and I hope I was the last on Deborah's mailing list this cycle. :)

I'm out too. Pretty gutted as I had convinced myself I had a strong application. Hit me really unexpectedly too because my email was open when I opened my laptop and deborah coombs was the first thing I saw...not very fun! Looks like all my eggs are in nosm's basket! Good thing they have a lot of seats....oh wait :(

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting! I hope you all get interviews and kick some butt!

Archived