Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

I'm thinking earlier but it will be rejections since the last wave was invites :( My glass is looking half empty now.. seeing that a good 40+ are always viewing each day that means there are quite a bit of students still waiting to hear back..

Very true.... 16 days >.< Arrrgh

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

Sorry for my late reply but I've been bedridden due to a horrible stomach flu, yikes.

I just wanted to say I completely understand your frustration. I went to UTM and maintained a high GPA sacrificing a lot over four years. I remember I had applied to medical school in my third year only to get rejected pre interview from EVERYWHERE!!!. Then, I just decided I wanted to see what else the world has to offer, so I took a course learn how to teach English to foreigners and I came to Europe. I was convinced I would have found a dream job and life and medicine would have been a thing of the past. But after a year I couldn't take it anymore...I missed science and so I enrolled in a PhD program in medicine in a hospital (goes to show the instinct sticks right in there, huh?). In that way I explored medicine in my everyday life so to speak, and it simply convinced me my original wish was the correct one for me. So I went and did the MCAT, again. Only this time I had to fly to England to do it, plus I was broke so I had to study alone (i.e. struggle with freaken verbal reasoning ALONE....which for me was like the worst experience ever I hated it!!!!).

Anyways...the moral of the story is that once upon a time I felt like the "lowly 4th year undergrad" you describe, only I really had NO interviews at all. I went through a PhD and a postdoc year only to precipitate back to the decision to do medicine. Therefore, if I get into med school this year I'll be among the older applicants (I'm 28 by the way, not a grandma but old enough). You, on the other hand, also have AGE on your side.

I hope my little story helps you out with you personal struggle a bit. This, by the way, is a reader's digest version of it all...it actually gets more complicated hahahaha.

That's amazing (but not surprising :D) how the med school dream never left you, thanks for sharing this. Good luck with your interview!

Well heres to another day with no news :)

Last year they never had April interview dates. I wonder why they opted for them this year.

They probably realized early on (based on number of applications and other logistics) that they would need to go past March. Its strange--last year, the people I know who heard last heard in Mid-March. Yet, I know several of my classmates (including myself) who have yet to hear. And the funny thing is my reference letters were into OMSAS before September started.

Lets keep hoping! I have a feeling about this Friday.... :|

Don't expect mass rejections to go out everyone. If they had gotten to your file by the last day of rejections, they would've just sent you the rejection.

Friday will probably be a big day of both rejections and invites, so chin up!

As someone said, last year they were done by March 11 (I am not sure how late interviews went) - so I think its not too early for the April invites. I think they want to get it finished. They say their goal is the end of March and I think that means that they will be done by then - could be earlier. They just send things as they come so anything is possible. There is no point trying to predict - just keep hoping!!!

It's sad that my morning routine is to check all of my emails (spam included), check premed101, the uoft twitter thread, and then the uoft med blog....and then repeat frequently throughout the course of the day! I need this to be over soon for my sanity!!!!

It's sad that my morning routine is to check all of my emails (spam included), check premed101, the uoft twitter thread, and then the uoft med blog....and then repeat frequently throughout the course of the day! I need this to be over soon for my sanity!!!!

LOL same here.

agreed. I have turned off the email on my phone for tomorrow. Im not letting anything ruin my st. pattys! lol

Ya I am happy that I will be distracted with my thesis presentation tomorrow so I won't get to check my email all day...Though I don't even know what to think anymore! Some days I feel like I'm going to get an invite, yet other days I feel as if a rejection email is waiting ominously in my inbox.. ughhh!

Ya I am happy that I will be distracted with my thesis presentation tomorrow so I won't get to check my email all day...Though I don't even know what to think anymore! Some days I feel like I'm going to get an invite, yet other days I feel as if a rejection email is waiting ominously in my inbox.. ughhh!

Good luck!

I know what you mean about flip flopping back and forth. Too many people I know have received ii from UofT. I'm starting to think purely based on the law of statistics that I will be the one who balances the scales.

I have a pit in my stomach thinking about tomorrow. I have a feeling there is bad news to be sent but I hope some good news comes too. Good luck fellow waiters!

I'm a fellow waiter, hoping to be served good news.

Get it? Waiter... SERVED...

(anxiety is manifesting as lame jokes)

Archived