Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope none of us get axed tomorrow. I have a feeling of impending doom (I had a feeling of impending loom last Thursday and one of my friends got axed the next day).

Well, your impending-doom-feelings seem to indicate that others will be axed, while you remain safe. So maybe it's good thing...? :P

Well, your impending-doom-feelings seem to indicate that others will be axed, while you remain safe. So maybe it's good thing...? :P

LOL sample size is only 1 so it's not a reliable indicator :P

Besides, it's no less painful when your friends don't make it. :(

Withdraw the chains, pull up the drawbridge! Archers on the walls, premeds in the underground vault! Deborah's back at work

tumblr_lkzqkltCum1qzvhq4o1_500.jpg

Disclaimer: If Deborah ever reads this then I want her to know that I mean no ill will, that she's an awesome person for keeping us so well informed and that all my little posts are just for fun. :)

Good luck all those who are still waiting. Rejection sucks, especially since I got an invite last year, but at least I can move on now. All I have to say is, don't lose hope and don't feel too bad about the rejection because the process is truly random. Perhaps the evaluator last year liked my application but the one this year not so much. Perhaps mine stood out last year but didn't this year, etc.

Hey mike,

So sorry to hear about the bad news today :( . I was wondering of they let you know in the email that you did receive a full file review or not? I'm just curious as I'm still waiting and I'm hoping that could mean I've made it to full file review. Thanks a lot!

The Invite/Regret thread is supposed to be free of discussion, so I'm going to answer this in the Hope Box instead. Although I'm just speculating that I made it to the full file review, I'm fairly confident I did because I met all cutoffs without any flags and didn't receive an early regret. Additionally, the email states that they "have completed [their] careful evaluation of [my] application".

Good luck all those who are still waiting. Rejection sucks, especially since I got an invite last year, but at least I can move on now. All I have to say is, don't lose hope and don't feel too bad about the rejection because the process is truly random. Perhaps the evaluator last year liked my application but the one this year not so much. Perhaps mine stood out last year but didn't this year, etc.

Sorry about the regrets. I agree with everything in your statement. Rejection sucks, especially when you get rejected from all schools. I've learned a lot this cycle about the process and about myself. Even though it wasn't a very successful venture, I'm taking away what few positives I can and staying hopeful for next year.

Congratulations and best of luck to everyone who received an invite. For those of you who were unsuccessful this cycle, keep your chin up, stay positive, and keep trying. If this is what you really want and what you're truly passionate about, you will find your way. I will never stop trying until I get there.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

-Winston Churchill

I got axed this morning...and I am in my final year of undergrad.

This one really hurts...why have you done this to me U of T? Why keep me hanging like this until mid-March only to REJECT ME?! GAHHH

I would have preferred to be rejected earlier around Jan/Feb. All that emotional investment, waiting well into March. What a waste GAH :(

I got axed this morning...and I am in my final year of undergrad.

This one really hurts...why have you done this to me U of T? Why keep me hanging like this until mid-March only to REJECT ME?! GAHHH

I would have preferred to be rejected earlier around Jan/Feb. All that emotional investment, waiting well into March. What a waste GAH :(

Don't feel too bad! Realistically, the majority of us still waiting will also get the cut. And we'll have had to wait even longer than you :)

Everyone enjoy your St. Patty's day! No thinking about med school allowed.:D

Don't feel too bad! Realistically, the majority of us still waiting will also get the cut. And we'll have had to wait even longer than you :)

Everyone enjoy your St. Patty's day! No thinking about med school allowed.:D

Then I have 6 more hours (until it's officially the 17th) to whine about not getting any news :D:P

And here I was thinking the luck 'o the Irish might rub off and get me an invite today! Oh well...

Archived