Premed 101 Forums

March 9th seems so far away...

mb222

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Via Twitter today

"Notice to current university-level candidates: Release of decisions will be made in first minutes (00:01) of 10 March 2012 via Minerva."

"Avis au candidat(e)s niveau univ. : les décisions du Comité seront visible sur Minerva à partir de 00h01 du 10 mars 2012."

"Note for active candidates: the status of your application (eg Items Outstanding) has no bearing on the outcome of the decision ..."

Twitter says:

Note for active candidates: the status of your application (eg Items Outstanding) has no bearing on the outcome of the decision ...

I have outstanding items as well ... basically everything except for transcript + photo ID. However, they clearly had my CV and PS at the interview.

What I don't get it why they said "decision ... " not "decision." Why the extra dot dot dot ?? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN! #overanalyzingeverything

dont worry about and it doesn't matter. if it says your items are outstanding it simply means that it will not result in an automatic rejection. you will be ranked according to the interview and the letter.

either way i'm sure most rankings have already been done at this point as it's only a matter of a little over 2 days where the results will be released.

it's been a stressful process and i wish good luck to all.

Twitter says:

Note for active candidates: the status of your application (eg Items Outstanding) has no bearing on the outcome of the decision ...

I have outstanding items as well ... basically everything except for transcript + photo ID. However, they clearly had my CV and PS at the interview.

What I don't get it why they said "decision ... " not "decision." Why the extra dot dot dot ?? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN! #overanalyzingeverything

OMG!!! THINK ABOUT IT: There are three dots... and there are seven letters in "minerva"... seven times three is TWENTY ONE. And our applications were due in DECEMBER!! Combining these two pieces of information, we get December 21st!!! The date the WORLD WILL END... The ADCOM must be trying to tell us that there is no point in applying or caring whether we get in, because the world is going to end anyways!!! Noooooooooooo :( :( :(

Or, maybe we are #overanalyzingeverything

I'll go with #occamsrazor

^Hahaha

My minerva also says "Mar 10, 2012: and "Ready for Review"

edit: Twitter says 00:01 of Mar 10, so midnight friday night... Guess I'll be drunk at a bar, so good news; yay celebratory round on me or bad news; all my friends buy me a round... Win win!

Who wants to take it upon themselves to generate the "Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected" thread for 2012? I think it would make sense for future_doc to do it, they are like the Obi-Wan Kenobi of this forum, I think it seems fitting. Also, maybe we should have a separate thread for OOPs?

My minerva just went from "items outstanding" to "ready for review" now...:confused: so what? I don't have any items missing anymore? anyone else on the same boat? :confused:

Mine has always been "ready for review" so I don't know if I can help you out there. But mine also says "ready for review." I wouldn't analyze too much - we will know soon enough!!!

My minerva just went from "items outstanding" to "ready for review" now...:confused: so what? I don't have any items missing anymore? anyone else on the same boat? :confused:

mine still says items outstanding but this is because i need to send them my transcript at the end of this semester. i'm guessing they finally realize the documents you were missing were not needed by them, hence they finally verified and updated your status.

Ya I wouldn't worry about it. Mine is still "Items Outstanding". I'm guessing they already have reached their decisions, and like twitter said Minerva status doesn't have bearing on your application outcome. Almost decision time, then no more speculations!

Archived