Premed 101 Forums

What kind of Laptop do you have?

thehockeykid

But in all seriousness....these things last forever. I've been using mine for 4 years, HEAVILY! Like first thing I do in the morning, before getting out of bed is reach for my mac and check my email and do my internet thingsss.....and last thing I do in the day is check my email and things. I also watch all of my tv shows/movies on there, and have been doing my law and psci degree with this (think lots of in class notes and papers). I'm pretty much on my computer 24/7 and its lasted 4 years which is pretty good compared to other computers I have had. *knock on wood*

So true! I've had my Macbook pro for 3 years and its been awesome. I've had to go into the Apple store for repairs a few times, but it's either been on the spot or fixed within a day. In first year, I had an HP which lasted maybe 5 months before it started malfunctioning, and after a year and a half it was dead. Oh, and repairs took 2+ weeks. All my technological gadgets are from Apple now!

nice qualification hahaj

I have a 17" Toshiba I got 3 years ago - I'm in engineering, so almost everyone has a PC (people with Macs end up having to install windows for some of our programs, like SolidWorks, to work), and Toshiba seems to be a fairly popular brand. No major problems with it yet.

I also have a 10"-ish Acer Aspire One I bought this year because I moved back home and didn't want to be lugging the toshiba back and forth :P I was hesitant about buying an Acer, hadn't heard great things, but it's actually a fantastic "tiny laptop" as I call it, and I can get 10+ hours of battery life (using it constantly) if it's in power saver mode. Plus it was cheaper than most tablets, and I can run word, excel, etc. :)

within the last year, upgraded my 2008 MacBook to a new MacBook Pro. Also sporting an iPhone 4. Have had iPod touch, iPod shuffle, iPod mini.

I will most likely buy anything Apple makes. I'm such a snob about it that I judge everyone who uses PCs for non price/video gaming/engr software reasons. I believe on almost a religious level that Macs are superior and I don't think I can be swayed otherwise.

I'm using my 13 inch macbook pro but considering going back to PC. I really like the lenovo thinkpad x220t tablet laptop. I want to be able to write on pdf files. Mac doesn't do that.:(

Download Skim, pdf editing program I use all the time for taking notes on presentations downloaded in pdf.

I have a mac and love it.

I'm using my 13 inch macbook pro but considering going back to PC. I really like the lenovo thinkpad x220t tablet laptop. I want to be able to write on pdf files. Mac doesn't do that.:(

If I am accepted I am planning on buying the X220 tablet. From what I can tell its an awesome machine and being able to write on PDFs and other docs and using onenote seems awesome! I've already priced out a few models. Just waiting for

May 15!!!!

Download Skim, pdf editing program I use all the time for taking notes on presentations downloaded in pdf.

I have a mac and love it.

That's a cool program. :) I'm thinking of being able to write on pdf using a stylus instead. I usually take notes using my Ipad with a wireless keyboard and stylus. The thing with Ipad is that it lacks a good office app and many other functions of a laptop.

17.5" ASUS laptop. Love its processing speed, quiet fan, and crisp graphics. Unfortunately, the screen is really much bigger than it needs to be... I can never find nice laptop bags that'll fit this (usually the max size is 17", and yes, it's impossible to squeeze it in there), and it's too heavy to carry around with ease. Ah well, I'm still happy with it.

Lenovo x220t tablet with Sold state drive, office 2010 and one note. Have been excellent. :D

one note is key for chemistry

17.5" ASUS laptop. Love its processing speed, quiet fan, and crisp graphics. Unfortunately, the screen is really much bigger than it needs to be... I can never find nice laptop bags that'll fit this (usually the max size is 17", and yes, it's impossible to squeeze it in there), and it's too heavy to carry around with ease. Ah well, I'm still happy with it.

thats too bad

Archived