Premed 101 Forums

Medicine interviews convocation

orcaab

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Akersar,

I go to Garneau. I truly believe that you have the potential to become a great doctor and even though probably some of your friends got invited for the interview, it does not mean that your application is not strong or amazing. Good luck for your interviews to come, I am sure that you will be a great doctor in the future.

Hope to see you at the same med school in the fall:D :)

Don`t give up!

Coffee at 7:15 AM is the least they can do :o:P

You'll see, it's way more than coffee. If I recall correctly, if you have to be there at 7:15, you are either doing the MMIs from 8 to 10 or from 10 to 12. I was from 8 to 10 2 years ago and I must say that the food was most welcomed, ah ha!

Yes. :) But you do not want to do the MMI on a totally empty stomach as food fuels your brain. So, you should eat late the evening before and/or have some porridge and a blueberries or a blueberry muffin before arrival. Then, not only do you eat heartily after the MMI, but bring some plastic bags for a "take-out" thereby reducing the wastage after the last group when you will be on the road heading home. :P

What kind of food does the MEMFI offers?

They do not offer a lot of food for the number of students... Muffin, cookies and juice mostly... No sandwich if I remember correctly. You have to eat before the MEMFI, but you can eat your breakfast or lunch at the MMI^^

Forget about not eating in the morning. Some people can fuel on coffee, but I'm not human if I don't eat as soon as I wake up :P

Those are the kind of things that are important to know. It adds to the stress of the interview if you don't know if you have to eat before or before, if there are lockers, etc. And no one wants to go into an interview this important starving ;)

Archived