Premed 101 Forums

Medicine interviews convocation

orcaab

If I'm ever accepted to Med-P, that would be my dilemma... I have a perfectly good (like best in Canada - Campus TR of UdeM) medicine campus 15 min max from my house where I could save up on the rent and food (basically everything :P) and with great clinical exposure

Oh well, we'll see in May :)

If you get close to your house, then fine, it's always better to stay close to home. But these 2 people live in Montreal.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just two really different style of med schools too I think... especially for the année préparatoire at UdeM and the Med-P year at McGill which, from what I saw, are really two worlds apart :eek: More sciences at UdeM for sure :P

Med-P gives you the opportunity to explore different courses prior to medicine and provided you achieve the minimum level rerquired of you academically, only then do you move on to medicine. You have have not received an unconditional acceptance into medicine.

At UdeM, you have an unconditional acceptance into medical school and, indeed, you qualify for a LOC from the bank! The preliminary year brings you up to speed and is the perfect prep for the 4 year program of medical school.

cherie I do hope that you are accepted @ McGill. It is always nice to turn down an acceptance. :P ontariostudent did this precisely with McGill:p after her acceptance. ;) Time will tell, for sure, this is exciting timings for you.

Med-P gives you the opportunity to explore different courses prior to medicine and provided you achieve the minimum level rerquired of you academically, only then do you move on to medicine. You have have not received an unconditional acceptance into medicine.

At UdeM, you have an unconditional acceptance into medical school and, indeed, you qualify for a LOC from the bank! The preliminary year brings you up to speed and is the perfect prep for the 4 year program of medical school.

cherie I do hope that you are accepted @ McGill. It is always nice to turn down an acceptance. :P ontariostudent did this precisely with McGill:p after her acceptance. ;) Time will tell, for sure, this is exciting timings for you.

Why would someone turn down an acceptance into McGill (maybe unless for Med-P)?

Why would someone turn down an acceptance into McGill (maybe unless for Med-P)?

Seriously, there are many reasons. When you have multiple offers including McGill, McGill is not necessarily the first choice and for some it is the last choice. I will not go into detail but suffice to say all Quebec med schools are excellent and there are pros and cons for each. I think cherie will consider her options carefully when the time comes and she will make a decision consistent with her best interersts.

Good thing I would be accepted to Med-P... more choices to make :)

Pros and cons lists await me in May :) I think I'm more stressed out about the actual decision-making than the interviews (and the TAAMUS, but it doesn't even count as is :P)

Salut,

Je suis convoquée lundi le matin à 7h15. Je sais qu'il y a deux groupes: un à 8h et un à 10h30, pis qu'on peut être obligés de rester enfermés pendant que c'est au tour de l'autre groupe. Savez-vous vers quelle heure je peux espérer sortir?

Merci.

• 2 weeks later...
Salut,

Je suis convoquée lundi le matin à 7h15. Je sais qu'il y a deux groupes: un à 8h et un à 10h30, pis qu'on peut être obligés de rester enfermés pendant que c'est au tour de l'autre groupe. Savez-vous vers quelle heure je peux espérer sortir?

Merci.

Permettez-moi de répondre en anglais.

If I remember correctly, the morning people will not be able to leave before the afternoon people are "locked in". Apparently, the same stations are used in all four sessions of the same day.

Good luck!

Salut,

Merci.

Donc vers 12h30 disons

Archived