Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

Haha maybe i could sneak into the admissions office..... :D

LOL thats a nightmare. Im planning on staying asleep until 10am at the least

I think I'm going to try to be the first person registered, then call in sick and go drown myself in sushi waiting for the biggest Blackberry vibration of my undergrad life.

If there's anyone in Toronto that wants to get drinks and sushi while waiting for 10AM, you're welcome to join me lol. (Just kidding, I want to be alone, so that nobody sees a grown man cry).

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this just killed me

ahahhaaa

so much love right now.

We all need to get in and just have a gigantic PM101 party.

No lie, I'll hold one.

I envision it already. The lights will be dimmed and everyone will have to find their PM101 username on a printed list of name tags.

And then, we'll switch on the lights as part of a big reveal and everyone can become super duper friends.

YES WE CAN!

Then we can play the game, if I had a $250 000 LOC, I would buy a ....

And never have I ever.

Never have I ever...

- spent 2 hours straight on PM101

- said something completely ridiculous at the MMI

- applied to medical school more than three times

- considered going to the Caribbean

- cried to my girlfriend that I'm not going to make it

- gotten a mark less than 70

(is it sad that I've done most of the above?)

Sounds like a great time to me :P See you there?

We all need to get in and just have a gigantic PM101 party.

No lie, I'll hold one.

I envision it already. The lights will be dimmed and everyone will have to find their PM101 username on a printed list of name tags.

And then, we'll switch on the lights as part of a big reveal and everyone can become super duper friends.

YES WE CAN!

Is it just me or did entire pages of this thread get deleted?

There was a holy mango and papaya reference.

I wrote a story about party planning, schoolchildren laughing at my attempt in jogging, meeting the illustrious Wendy Edge, getting accepted between Summerhill and Bloor Stns.

You and I became friends.

I got into Mac.

Ok wait - that last one might not have happened.

Leon, how goes the nightmares?... I feel like mine have gotten progressively worse as I count down the days, going through the motions of excitement followed by zen (what's done is already done) followed by shear terror, knots in my stomach and the cycle continues

Leon, how goes the nightmares?... I feel like mine have gotten progressively worse as I count down the days, going through the motions of excitement followed by zen (what's done is already done) followed by shear terror, knots in my stomach and the cycle continues

"What is dead may never die!"

Sorry I have been lurking on here for too long and just can't contain my nervousness any longer! Just had to make an account and post..bring on tuesday!

This forum has been quite helpful in this dreadful wait and i hope we all get in so this premed101 party can happen:cool:

I think its a system malfunction

And yes i was at the mixer mrssnub :P im at the phoenix atm

I did something bad. I graphed out the distribution of GPAs and VRs in the Invite 2012 thread and Mac's 2011 data.

Nothing too mind-blowing. Thoughts? My analysis is below.

post-30948-14074479531_thumb.jpg

I did something bad. I graphed out the distribution of GPAs and VRs in the Invite 2012 thread and Mac's 2011 data.

Nothing too mind-blowing. But it suggests that the interview doesn't correlate well with the GPA and VR score... or at least that's my analysis. Thoughts?

that is terrifying... but I feel like you can't correlate them well because we don't have information on CASPER or how it's written/graded and how that no longer has an effect on your overall interview outcome...

that is terrifying... but I feel like you can't correlate them well because we don't have information on CASPER or how it's written/graded and how that no longer has an effect on your overall interview outcome...

That's why I removed the CASPer confounder by only looking at interview and accepted stats...

I see - I should have been more clear with my rationale; it's my fault for not being more specific. I've also made a mistake.

The reason I hypothesized that the distributions between the GPA and VR scores are the same between pre- and post- interview is because the interview measures something NOT correlated with either variable.

However, those of you who are careful observers of detail might note that I've overlooked something... And it is.......

I forgot to include the 30% that is devoted to GPA and VR. Which means that there might in fact be a slight bias in the interview stage towards applicants with lower GPA and VR which is what allows them to maintain a similar distribution despite being disadvantaged by the weighting formula. Which makes obvious sense since they had to have better "soft" skills to make it to this stage (by performing strongly on CASPer) despite their relative disadvantage to begin with.

So... this is a stretch - but perhaps CASPer and the Interview measure similar things.

BAM.

Essentially, I've discovered nothing.

Ohhhh I see what you're getting at now

haha I was just about to write about the skewed distribution, because I have a 9 in verbal and never expected to get an interview but since CASPER is worth 70% pre-interview... it must have skewed me into the upper end of invites vs. regrets, but now plays no role in terms of the post-interview process...

Okay after all that, where is this party going to go down, I feel like Tuesday is rather going to be a champagne showers night or a tequila tuesday <-- based upon the outcomes of the morning, I mean it'll be 5 o'clock somewhere right?!

Archived