Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha maybe the mods did a clean on all the boards because doomsday... I mean success-day is coming up and the boards are going to flood!

ha - no we didn't. We have no idea what happened at this point actually. I am still trying to figure it out :)

For the past few days I have been making up every morning going "oh my gosh it's May 15th" and grabbing my phone to check email. Then I realize it's not May 15th at all and this process is just turning me insane. Also I've been waking up every day around 7am, and I don't think there would be an email at that time anyway. My brain is just tricking my body :P

i think it was mentioned earlier, but numbers wise its 550 interviews (is that correct?), 203 spots and 100 wait list? to me 100 seems like a lot, I would guess what, maybe 20-50 of them get in off of the wait list?

I feel like my emotions are following the LH curve in the menstrual cycle.

Over time, I start to build myself up. Yes, it's possible I answered that question well in the MMI. YES! That answer was amazing. My combination of GPA and VR, wow, it might actually be possible.

Then I reach a peak. I've already designed the apartment I'm going to live in.

And then doubt creeps in. I think of all the amazing people I met at the interview date. I start to think about how my answers, while good for my level, are probably sub-standard compared to peers who have much more amazing life experiences.

It's a rollercoaster. I might buy a Wonderland Seasons Pass just to ride through May 15th....

About your question - 550 interviewed. 200 get in and previous numbers suggest greater than 100 get waitlisted. So I reckon 40% get in, 20% get waitlisted (of which 50% will get moved in), and 40% get a regrets.

I've had the exact opposite problem, I can't sleep until 2am and it takes every ounce of willpower for me to get out of bed in the morning. I have a feeling that tomorrow night will be a sleepless one.

I want to take this opportunity to thank one of my biggest supporters throughout this medical school experience... my fish.

I've been talking to my fish a lot over the last few weeks about the application process and my hopes and dreams. He's actually quite excited as well because I've promised him a larger tank and dried prawns if I get in. I'm also considering purchasing a female for him to mate with but he's the type of fish that fights with the female during a complicated mating dance and ocasionally the male dies after impregnating the female.

Anyway, how does this relate to the previous post? It's as if my fish can feel my excitement. As the day gets closer, every morning when I tell him "it's only x more days", he expands to larger and larger sizes (he puffs up when excited).

Moral: don't forget your supporters are just as excited as you are!

Yes I agree, my friends, family and pets have been a huge source of support, they believe in me even when I have doubts. But one scary side of it is that if I don't get in, I'll feel so bad for disappointing them.

It's going to be ok. That's all we've got to tell ourselves.

Yes I agree, my friends, family and pets have been a huge source of support, they believe in me even when I have doubts. But one scary side of it is that if I don't get in, I'll feel so bad for disappointing them.

Your pets told me they would be really disappointed in you;).

Leon, how goes the nightmares?... I feel like mine have gotten progressively worse as I count down the days, going through the motions of excitement followed by zen (what's done is already done) followed by shear terror, knots in my stomach and the cycle continues

I actually had zero nightmares last night (while at Mac too!) so I'm dreading tonight. Only 2 more nights though.

I think the worst possible thing is to be waitlisted. I would rather get a straight out R. That way, I can kick Plan B into motion

I actually had zero nightmares last night (while at Mac too!) so I'm dreading tonight. Only 2 more nights though.

I think the worst possible thing is to be waitlisted. I would rather get a straight out R. That way, I can kick Plan B into motion

I might sleepover at work tomorrow and power through everything I need to get done for the next few days. Anything to get Mac off my mind.

Question - what does the subject say if you're waitlisted or... reeeejected? I know this is such a nit picky detail but I've decided that if I don't see the McMaster MD Program - Hamilton/N/K-W campus subject line, I might as well not open the rest of the e-mail. Realistically, if you're waitlisted or rejected, there's no further action you can take anyway. Maybe I just don't want to know.

Who am I kidding however - one way or another, I'm opening that email.

Thanks for all of the wonderful discussions to keep my mind off the impending. I thought I would share an uplifting song by R. Kelly, whom by the way I think is a living prophet. No I am being really serious!

If you can get through the entire song and feel uplifted then there is no reason to watch the following:

Man does he ever have a range! I think if we all get into Mac then I am going to throw an R. Kelly themed party. Real Talk!

Question - what does the subject say if you're waitlisted or...

I have no clue but my last nightmare was the email coming with the subject like "McMaster Admissions Decision" and then when I click on it, "Sorry, this page cannot be opened"

LOL

am i the only one seriously contemplating drinking a few beers before checking my email?

Herein lies your answer sir:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

-The Bible

So the stress is actually starting to get to me.

I'm sitting in the back of a McDonald's sipping a tea, listening to Katy Perry sing "the one that got away", and getting all teary eyed thinking about McMaster. :mad:

I have no clue but my last nightmare was the email coming with the subject like "McMaster Admissions Decision" and then when I click on it, "Sorry, this page cannot be opened"

LOL

I actually LOLed. I now look like the crazy guy that sits in the back of a McDonalds.

Glad I complete the stereotype finally.

Archived