Premed 101 Forums

When do we hear back from UWO?

I hope he wasn't trolling, because I called them to ask that and the lady said send an email and we'll respond. I did that, but no replies yet... I hope they don't think i'm too gullible...

wait so were they saying they'd tell you the result if you send them emails asking for scores? so that means they have the results but they're just not sending them for whatever reasons?

so maybe the results are sent only for those who didn't pass and we can assume we passed? It's really confusing!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so i'm really positive it was just a small problem they forgot to fix on uwo website. That being said, I'm starting to think the guy who said physio exam results were out was just trolling???:confused: No one else got their results back. it's weird!

I think that's a rash conclusion to make. SDN isn't exactly a healthy sample of all applicants. 250 people were interviewed. Only a handful of people (a couple dozen, really), might post regularly on these boards.

I think that's a rash conclusion to make. SDN isn't exactly a healthy sample of all applicants. 250 people were interviewed. Only a handful of people (a couple dozen, really), might post regularly on these boards.

yeah i think you're right.. and peopl who didn't pass would not really want to share this.. but i assume u are talking about premed not SDN??

wait so were they saying they'd tell you the result if you send them emails asking for scores? so that means they have the results but they're just not sending them for whatever reasons?

so maybe the results are sent only for those who didn't pass and we can assume we passed? It's really confusing!

I guess. I explained to her and she said send an email and we get back to you... I'm assuming they will do that in the morning because I send the email at 2:50pm.

I did get the email. This afternoon. They said I got below 70 but she also said that the result will be sent out to the admission committee. So I don't know what that really means - maybe the exam result is not an "automatic disqualified". Hope not. Weird that none of you got any emails. Maybe you all passed :)

Cheers

Hey did you email them asking about your scores, or they just sent you an email? Im pretty sure you will be able to take the summer course if need be!

Hey did you email them asking about your scores, or they just sent you an email? Im pretty sure you will be able to take the summer course if need be!

I never asked them. Just got an email. That's all. And I would recomment bothering too much - they are extremely busy these days. Less we bug them quicker they release the final results.

Do we get an email or do we get a letter under the student service portal?

Student Service portal letter? you mean Student services? I think both. I have a feeling they first update the student service so that you can accept your offer, then they'll send you an email to accept the offer.

haha don't get too excited... was thinking about this, if we get rejected or accepted they will tell us probably soon. But wait listed...that status isn't calming at all, specially that they don't give your rank on the wait list.

I hear they give like 90 wait lists don't they??

but i still think being watilisted is better than rejected bc that still gives u some hope!

Is there absolutely no way to tell where you stand in the list? (ie do they send out by alphabetical order, or by waitlist number?)

but i still think being watilisted is better than rejected bc that still gives u some hope!

Is there absolutely no way to tell where you stand in the list? (ie do they send out by alphabetical order, or by waitlist number?)

90 wait-list? 90+56= 146, I don't' know but that's almost 2/3 of the whole interviewees....

We can certainly check the time stamps as soon as they send out emails if we get wait listed and using stats check our admission potential...

It seems that last year, ppl can tell their relative waitlist spot by the time stamp of their emails. Dunno about this year.

really? I thought that didn't work last year.. but do you know if 90 ppl get waitlisted or is that number wrong?

I think 90 might be right actually...

They need 56 people. We can safely assume a lot of people who get into U of T (which takes 70 people) will want to go to either U of T or Western. If they choose U of T, and they attended Western interview, that's 70 people , and list will go into effect up to number 56.... (and 14 people will potentially be dropped from waitlist)

If any of them decides to come to Western and is Accepted, someone else will replace him/her at U of T, and another spot will open for Western.

Now lets have a scenario that all of U of T acceptances don't even attend western interview, that means people with lower GPA/DAT will have to be forced into interviews, and since GPA and DAT are 75% of the score, you still have a high chance of getting the offer.

Then there are the med people who have dentistry as backup and people from other provinces who WILL get accepted in their own province. Thinking about these facts, if you aren't rejected, you have decent marks, and did ok on Interview, there is a high chance of acceptance.

I think 90 might be right actually...

They need 56 people. We can safely assume a lot of people who get into U of T (which takes 70 people) will want to go to either U of T or Western. If they choose U of T, and they attended Western interview, that's 70 people , and list will go into effect up to number 56.... (and 14 people will potentially be dropped from waitlist)

If any of them decides to come to Western and is Accepted, someone else will replace him/her at U of T, and another spot will open for Western.

Now lets have a scenario that all of U of T acceptances don't even attend western interview, that means people with lower GPA/DAT will have to be forced into interviews, and since GPA and DAT are 75% of the score, you still have a high chance of getting the offer.

Then there are the med people who have dentistry as backup and people from other provinces who WILL get accepted in their own province. Thinking about these facts, if you aren't rejected, you have decent marks, and did ok on Interview, there is a high chance of acceptance.

That makes sense. Fingers crossed >.<

Archived