Premed 101 Forums

When do we hear back from UWO?

Oh gosh, this was the worst part of the waiting process. Hang in there guys

I agree. I actually had a dream last night about seeing a red dinosaur picture on my student application. I asked UWO what was that about and they said that anything red meant a rejection. I was really confused and then I woke up ;)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. I actually had a dream last night about seeing a red dinosaur picture on my student application. I asked UWO what was that about and they said that anything red meant a rejection. I was really confused and then I woke up ;)

hahahahahahaha... I believe you ate too much...

Not gonna lie, before the Physiology marks came out, I dreamed I got a 71, just enough to pass it. But the instructor didn't want to show me the mark, so I insisted and found out. Interestingly he wanted to take just 2 percent off to punish me so I would fail. When I woke up and realized the marks weren't posted yet, I didn't know to be happy or to be sad....at least I had passed in the dream...

Mind an throw a lot of tricks in the dreams...

I wish they considered the fact that some interviewers were nicer and some were stone faced, causing ppl to do worse than they could. That def. affected my performance in my case.

But I highly doubt they'll take that into account! :(

I guess some ppl were just luckier than other..

but since it's taking them so long, they may consider this?? maybe it's why it's taking them so long??

any thoughts? (maybe from someone that goes to UWO dent school?)

Btw, I think they'll send them out on friday afternoon..

I wish they considered the fact that some interviewers were nicer and some were stone faced, causing ppl to do worse than they could. That def. affected my performance in my case.

But I highly doubt they'll take that into account! :(

I guess some ppl were just luckier than other..

but since it's taking them so long, they may consider this?? maybe it's why it's taking them so long??

any thoughts? (maybe from someone that goes to UWO dent school?)

Btw, I think they'll send them out on friday afternoon..

I highly doubt this is taken into consideration. Again, showing why these CDA-style interviews are completely subjective. What I don't understand is why don't dental schools use other means (like CVs or references) to distinguish between applicants... I dunno about you guys, but I've spent over 2000 hours in a dental office. I know what I'm getting myself into, but the ad coms have no interest in this information. Admission to Canadian schools makes no sense to me. Yes, getting good grades shows you will be fine in learning the information.. but if you aren't personable you will have difficulty interacting with patients... So, with that.. I think I'm getting rejected and am so tired of this whole process... good luck everyone :)

I highly doubt this is taken into consideration. Again, showing why these CDA-style interviews are completely subjective. What I don't understand is why don't dental schools use other means (like CVs or references) to distinguish between applicants... I dunno about you guys, but I've spent over 2000 hours in a dental office. I know what I'm getting myself into, but the ad coms have no interest in this information. Admission to Canadian schools makes no sense to me. Yes, getting good grades shows you will be fine in learning the information.. but if you aren't personable you will have difficulty interacting with patients... So, with that.. I think I'm getting rejected and am so tired of this whole process... good luck everyone :)

I agree with you, but have some faith, and if you do get in you'll have a big advantage over a lot of other people. If this entire process is simply a plugging-in of numbers to see who gets it and who doesn't, I'll be especially peeved that this took longer than they initially said it would.

I agree with you. But the problem is, it's easy to find a dentist to shadow and fill out the number of hours, and the number of seats available for dent school is limited. So how do they select ppl if everyone's done shadowing, or got some good letters from profs? There must be some number they can compare to and GPA seems to be the best one for this.

I agree with you, but have some faith, and if you do get in you'll have a big advantage over a lot of other people. If this entire process is simply a plugging-in of numbers to see who gets it and who doesn't, I'll be especially peeved that this took longer than they initially said it would.

Directly from the site:

"SELECTION PROCESS

The Admissions Committee will meet in late April to make entrance decisions. The decision is based on the combination of the 3 aspects of the admissions process: university academics, DAT (Academic Average) and interview scores. The calculation which creates the ranked offer list is weighted as follows:

60% academics, 15% DAT and 25% interview.

Results of the meeting will be made known by mid-May."

It is a numbers plug in.. and I bet we don't find out for at least a week.

Yeah I'll assume I'm rejected as well if it's a pure numbers game.

My numbers are definitely nothing to brag about, and I also couldn't really mention any of my key highlights in my interview.

Anyway...I'm also betting that the result comes out on Friday.

Directly from the site:

"SELECTION PROCESS

The Admissions Committee will meet in late April to make entrance decisions. The decision is based on the combination of the 3 aspects of the admissions process: university academics, DAT (Academic Average) and interview scores. The calculation which creates the ranked offer list is weighted as follows:

60% academics, 15% DAT and 25% interview.

Results of the meeting will be made known by mid-May."

It is a numbers plug in.. and I bet we don't find out for at least a week.

don't panic guys. Although they have specific breakdowns of the admission, I am quite hopeful about it. Friend of mine with 82 average got in to UWO dent. You can do the math- it is pretty near impossible to get admitted according to the breakdown. Well, he got in so... you decide. Dices are thrown, just wait :)

don't panic guys. Although they have specific breakdowns of the admission, I am quite hopeful about it. Friend of mine with 82 average got in to UWO dent. You can do the math- it is pretty near impossible to get admitted according to the breakdown. Well, he got in so... you decide. Dices are thrown, just wait :)

sure.. maybe like 10 years ago lol

which year is this? 2001?

P.s. did anyone find out anything new from the admissions? do share.

Archived