Premed 101 Forums

When do we hear back from UWO?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just called. It's not gonna be out this week, that is 100%. Maybe next week, but probably not until middle or later. The committee hasn't even had their meeting yet...

If this is true, then that is abhorrent. I'm certain I'm not the only one who is delaying so many choices and decisions that are back-up plans. U of T let their applicants know over a month ago. I can't even believe they used to get away with waiting until June! This entire thing really does seem like a joke, and I hope it's not true. You'd think UWO would at least attempt to not look like the school everyone goes to when they get rejected from u of t.

No jokes. Trust me, I'm in the same boat... I was holding off paying a 2K deposit until I called them. Right now, 15 minutes later, I am down 2K lol

Just can't understand how punching numbers in excel sheet seems so difficult that admissions committee has to meet to make decision. Please school me here...

Maybe they lost the scores, or maybe b/c there was disparity between interviews containing traditional elements they now have to change policy...

No jokes. Trust me, I'm in the same boat... I was holding off paying a 2K deposit until I called them. Right now, 15 minutes later, I am down 2K lol

The deposit for U of T was only due just now? I thought it was due back in April. O_O

Hey jmarc, thank you so much for asking the admissions on behalf of all of us and sharing the information. It saves a lot of unnecessary refreshing of the student page for many of us!

Did the admission tell you more about what's going on? I'm just surprised that they haven't even had the meeting yet...:confused:

Hey jmarc, thank you so much for asking the admissions on behalf of all of us and sharing the information. It saves a lot of unnecessary refreshing of the student page for many of us!

Did the admission tell you more about what's going on? I'm just surprised that they haven't even had the meeting yet...:confused:

Lol, no problem.. I just needed to know since I was waiting on a deposit with looming due date. Figured I'd share so you guys could at least know.

I'm not sure what's going on, I didn't ask them specifically what was going on but a friend of mine who's in second year UWO DDS told me that one admissions committee member has been sick recently. Don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% if that is the case but it would explain the unforeseen circumstances.

Lol, no problem.. I just needed to know since I was waiting on a deposit with looming due date. Figured I'd share so you guys could at least know.

I'm not sure what's going on, I didn't ask them specifically what was going on but a friend of mine who's in second year UWO DDS told me that one admissions committee member has been sick recently. Don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% if that is the case but it would explain the unforeseen circumstances.

That makes sense then. Hopefully the committee member feels better soon!

Out of curiosity, was the deposit for U of T? There have been a couple ppl on the forum who claimed that they turned down their spot but for some reasons the Wait list hasnt moved. Just wondering when the U of T deposit was actually due

Is it true that UWO only accepts applicants with honours or equivalent degree?? b/c I can't believe that there are this many people with an Hons degree...

Highly doubt that this is the case. You only have to complete 4 years of undergraduate education. I never came across the Honours requirement.

Cheers

Applicants to the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry’s Undergraduate MD program are considered on a number of levels. The first review of applicant information takes into account the candidate’s academic history and performance: completion of honours degree; GPA in 2 best years; and MCAT scores.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding this.

So honours degree will only be an advantage to your application, not a requirement.

Source:http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/admissions/medicine/requirements

Archived