Premed 101 Forums

When do we hear back from UWO?

Gee I really thought it would be this afternoon....

I called the admissions office last week and somebody there told me that the decisions would probably be coming out in early May as opposed to late April, but that was a rough estimate. She said to be expecting them in the very near future, meaning it could basically be any day now.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon, they're busy. I'm sure they would tell us sooner if they could. I don't think the school is at any fault. Taking long means they're doing a good job, looking over all of our files and checking everything, instead of just computer-ranking everyone in some database.

C'mon, they're busy. I'm sure they would tell us sooner if they could. I don't think the school is at any fault. Taking long means they're doing a good job, looking over all of our files and checking everything, instead of just computer-ranking everyone in some database.

Lol I thought they just put the scores on the computer and ranked them... I don't know they don't have my resume so what else would they be looking for?

By the way, anyone knows what's the second part of the interview was all about? I got asked questions, some weren't asked any... so was it just for fun or does it have any influence at all?

Lol I thought they just put the scores on the computer and ranked them... I don't know they don't have my resume so what else would they be looking for?

By the way, anyone knows what's the second part of the interview was all about? I got asked questions, some weren't asked any... so was it just for fun or does it have any influence at all?

Here's my guess as to why it's taking so long. I believe it's a good thing:

-They'll definitely use the computer to rank such a large amount of data. I believe that UWO wants to do a good job. That's why they can't simply rely on computer. They also need to check the list manually, maybe several times.

-On the website they mentioned that they may also look at things like the academic trend of individuals, which takes time.

-In addition to using the interview scores, they are also reading the interviewers' comments.

I have a feeling that they use those extra questions to decide between applicants who have equal scores everywhere else. Less objective, but I guess it does the job. I remember being really surprised when they told me they'll ask me some of those. I was expecting only CDA.

I have a feeling that they use those extra questions to decide between applicants who have equal scores everywhere else. Less objective, but I guess it does the job. I remember being really surprised when they told me they'll ask me some of those. I was expecting only CDA.

Hmmm i doubt that....some ppl weren't asked those questions at all. Wouldn't that be inconsistent?

Hmmm i doubt that....some ppl weren't asked those questions at all. Wouldn't that be inconsistent?

Then again, what would be the point of asking it if they weren't being used. Another speculation could be that Western wants to switch to traditional questions, so it's testing a group to see, or it asks certain people the question about dentistry for other reasons.

Then again, what would be the point of asking it if they weren't being used. Another speculation could be that Western wants to switch to traditional questions, so it's testing a group to see, or it asks certain people the question about dentistry for other reasons.

really? are u sure they want to switch to traditionl quesitons? where did u hear that from?

Why else would they ask traditional question from a certain people and not the others... hopefully not for the laughs...

I don't know, but that was the only time I was laughing with them :)

I have a feeling this is a mystery that's better left unsolved.

Archived