Premed 101 Forums

When do we hear back from UWO?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know how to pay the $1000 deposit? I accepted my position on the student center but the detailed statement of account shows zero dollars owing?

I just followed the fees link in the letter then paid the appropriate account by online banking. I will call in to confirm with them later this week.

Anyone have an idea of when the waitlist will begin to move? I remember last year it was around a month after acceptance results came out.

Really? I thought it was ten days... Acceptances came out in late June, and the first call was made in early july?

I say first deposit is due 10 days, so expect a few calls...

I know my friend will be declining UWO's offer soon. I don't know anyone on the waitlist though. Hopefully we hear something in the other thread in another week or so.

I'm pretty sure they made offers more than the seats available since they can expect people to decline. So the waitlist will most likely get movement later next week when the deposit is closer to being due.

I know my friend will be declining UWO's offer soon. I don't know anyone on the waitlist though. Hopefully we hear something in the other thread in another week or so.

I'm pretty sure they made offers more than the seats available since they can expect people to decline. So the waitlist will most likely get movement later next week when the deposit is closer to being due.

They know that not everyone will accept the offer but in the case it happens it doesnt make sense for them to give more offers than seats available. Why give more offers when you can put them on waiting list ?

They know that not everyone will accept the offer but in the case it happens it doesnt make sense for them to give more offers than seats available. Why give more offers when you can put them on waiting list ?

Yeah it doesn't make sense to give more offers than seats... It'll be a huge risk. It also diminishes the point of having a wait list. Only way I could ever see them doing something like that is, when applicants cannot be distinguished because of extremely close numbers. Then again, they can always find a way to break a tie. Just my nickle ( pennies are going extinct ;))

Maybe I should have changed the wording but what I was getting at was that if someone is put on the waiting list (even though they might be really high up on it), that person might end up accepting an offer from UofT for example, simply because they don't know how long it will take for UWO to send them an offer. As a result, UWO loses someone by putting them on a waitlist; this is just a sample scenario. Obviously this is all speculation, but that is part of the reason why early acceptances exist at other schools (no longer at UWO). It makes you wonder why it took them so long to make offers in the first place right? It didn't take as long as last year, but why did they take so long to make their decisions?

Deadline isn't Monday. The letter says 10 BUSINESS days- which excludes weekends and stat holidays.

Waitlisters probably wont hear anything until the end of the week or early the following week. That is unless any kids who got into med this past week turn down their dent acceptance.

Deadline isn't Monday. The letter says 10 BUSINESS days- which excludes weekends and stat holidays.

Waitlisters probably wont hear anything until the end of the week or early the following week. That is unless any kids who got into med this past week turn down their dent acceptance.

You are right. Monday is a holiday too I believe, so it'll be a long time... next next monday it must be (not this up coming one).

yeah, 10 might be the number of people who accepted the offer once the call was made, and thats only the people who use this forum. the wait list moved more than 10 spots because not necessarily everyone accepted the offer. I just hope they start making the calls soon.

Archived