Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost 90% sure that everyone who is placed on the waitlist only needstto contact them if they want to be removed off the waitlist (e.g. you got another acceptance elsewhere or something). I'm pretty sure that was Queen's last year, especially if there's no button.

And no, not everyone without an offer is put on the waitlist. People did get rejected last year, and they try to be smart with the waitlist. While there is good waitlist movement at Queen's, they won't put someone on the waitlist they don't think should or will get to attend. There are, luckily, few rejections.

Isix, do you know if there are different groups of waitlists?

To my knowledge, Queen's only has one waitlist.

And ladeeda, I'm pretty sure there were a few rejections (though I haven't checked the posts again). I remember that there were a few posts re: rejection.

Me too!

When is the date that everyone needs to accept/reject offers? In about two weeks right?

isix, when you say, luckily few rejections. You mean few rejections off the waitlist orrr?

First of all, you waitlisters this year are lucky it's only two weeks! Last year, it was all 20 unbearable days.

Also, few rejections in terms of outright rejections, not off the waitlist. I think like TOK mentioned at one point, it might also be because people just don't feel like posting about a rejection on a forum, so "few" posts might not be an accurate indicator of how many rejections there were.

In terms of waitlist rejections, essentially, when the class is full (approximately mid-June), they send out an email to everybody saying that the class is now full and they don't anticipate any more movement.

I realize that rejections tend not to post (I was going to wait to post if that were the case), but it seems like there are a lot of waitlisters. Any idea how big this thing is (my guess is 100 to 150)? Also, it would be nice to know our position on the waitlist, as doing it this way is indeed "hope torture".

I believe Benhc911, a current 1st year med student, said he was rejected from Queen's (last year) but accepted to two other schools in another thread. I think that thread my have been deleted in the last two days though.... Anyway, point is that he/she did not post a rejection in the accepted/declined/waitlisted thread for 2011. They do not waitlist everyone if this is the case. People tend not to post rejections. Hopefully, the waitlist at Queen's is a reasonable size. Otherwise I would hope they would rank us.

I believe Benhc911, a current 1st year med student, said he was rejected from Queen's (last year) but accepted to two other schools in another thread. I think that thread my have been deleted in the last two days though.... Anyway, point is that he/she did not post a rejection in the accepted/declined/waitlisted thread for 2011. They do not waitlist everyone if this is the case. People tend not to post rejections. Hopefully, the waitlist at Queen's is a reasonable size. Otherwise I would hope they would rank us.

Yes, I was rejected last year. But no word on rejections from anyone for this year. I was getting worried but looking back to last year, no post-interview rejections were posted either...

All the best!

I know someone personally who was rejected outright post interview last year. Of the five people I know at queens 3 came off of the waitlist. That said, I was waitlisted there and didn't get in. It does move though. Hang in there! (I'm on the waitlist too)

My overall point was that nobody posted rejections on the official thread last year and yet people were rejected. It's best not to overly stress, although it would be nice to know if waitlisters were in the top 50% of interviewees. That could mean an acceptance at another school!

I think the amount of people that have been waitlisted seems to be pretty similar than previous years (if judging by the amount of posters on premed101), so I think there definitely were rejections.

I think another way to know is, the amount of people still viewing the forums are more likely the waitlisted people (including me haha). If people got accepted they're probably partying right now, those rejected probably don't want anything to do with medicine for the rest of the day.

I just hope I don't end up checking my gmail every 5 minutes lol.

Archived