Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K my SIM card is locked up in my parents room, who are asleep and have work in 7 odd hours. Ahhh this is awkward!

And I think everybody's having the same adrenaline rush feeling I'm having LOL. Everybody, follow me: *Deep breath in*. *Deep breath out*.

Yeah the movement this year has been strange for a lot of schools. I can't tell if the bulk of movement has happened already. I promised myself I'd give up if I didn't make that wave, so it'd be nice to know when I can let go of my hopes...

Yeah the movement this year has been strange for a lot of schools. I can't tell if the bulk of movement has happened already. I promised myself I'd give up if I didn't make that wave, so it'd be nice to know when I can let go of my hopes...

Last year the wave lasted ~week for queen's.

Since this is the "hope box", I feel it should be mentioned here.

So I woke up in the middle of sleeping and realized that students had until may 29th, 5pm to finalize offers. I forget where I read this (can someone confirm?) but it takes about 24 hours for OMSAS to be updated.

In that case, wouldn't it be prudent to say that the bulk of the movement will happen tomorrow, and today's waitlist movement were just for the early decliners?

*Crosses every finger and toe possible*

So I woke up in the middle of sleeping and realized that students had until may 29th, 5pm to finalize offers. I forget where I read this (can someone confirm?) but it takes about 24 hours for OMSAS to be updated.

In that case, wouldn't it be prudent to say that the bulk of the movement will happen tomorrow, and today's waitlist movement were just for the early decliners?

spot on! tomorrow we're all getting phone calls ;):D

That's what I figured. I'm just bummed out 'cause I wanted to be top of the waitlist. What's the point of med school if you are not accepted off the bat or at least top of the waitlist...

Congrats Asta! And I hope waitlist moves more tomorrow. Checking last year's thread they came in two straight days (friday, monday), so hopefully we get good news soon.

And hopefully for me they just figured I missed all the calls and they'll try again tomorrow :P

One can hope *crosses fingers, toes, arms, and legs*

Archived