Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

I know it's probably been at least a year since most of us have written the MCAT, but I thought you were referring to that one verbal passage on one of the of the past AAMC full lengths, the really abstract one with the flowers that talked to each other! Anyone remember which one I'm talking about?

Sorry man took the MCAT 2 years ago ;), but that's amazing you still remember the passages! I don't remember any passages from my MCAT sessions.

And looking at the other threads, the offices are busy with convocation stuff... so maybe that's why there hasn't been calls? Cuz the way I see it every school somebody posts every day about being accepted, but queens there's only been 3 or 4 people. That's just really off, no way queens had a near 100% rate and every other school has like a 30% waitlist movement at least it seems.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Queen's had a lot more waitlist movement a few years ago before they made significant changes:

- switched to 2 year preclerkship/clerkship

- awesome new building

- switched from pure cutoff based interviews to a more holistic view (able to choose interviewees who may be more likely to choose queen's)

- MMI/panel combination to better screen and select compatible applicants (compared to a 15 minute interview that people had in the heavy waitlist movement days)

Overall, waitlist movement is less at Queen's than it once was, but that doesn't mean it's over yet.

You guys should stop looking at the facebook group numbers. Theres some 2014s in there as well, also there are people who joined while deciding between schools, accepted elsewhere, and haven't removed themselves yet.

Basically, waitlist movement has yet to come and will continue throughout the summer, no point killing yourself looking at meaningless numbers.

This!

I know you guys are anxious, but don't use the facebook group as a measure of movement. You're stressing yourselves out unnecessarily. I realize that it's tough to do, but take a break from speculating and enjoy your summers.

Trust me, there's still lots of potential for waitlist movement.

I know it's probably been at least a year since most of us have written the MCAT, but I thought you were referring to that one verbal passage on one of the of the past AAMC full lengths, the really abstract one with the flowers that talked to each other! Anyone remember which one I'm talking about?

was it the about talking to nature??

This!

I know you guys are anxious, but don't use the facebook group as a measure of movement. You're stressing yourselves out unnecessarily. I realize that it's tough to do, but take a break from speculating and enjoy your summers.

Trust me, there's still lots of potential for waitlist movement.

I really hope so! Another quiet day.. sigh!

Deadline was yesterday for the supposed first wave of offers, so hopefully there is some movement today. I wish they could be a bit more transparent like some other schools and not maintain this mystique around the whole waitlist movement. At the least I wish they would provide some indication as to whether or not to expect any movement, but it doesn't look like their responding to calls or e-mails.

Archived