Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

Maybe there's a big waitlist movement happening, but none of them use premed101?

I find this really unlikely judging by the trend from previous years. I mean there's alot of movement at every other school, there seems to be atleast 3-4 people posting on avg/day. Yet, at Queens since now there's been only 3 documented offers? In my opinion there's only two possibilities, either the class is full or their holding off on sending more offers for god knows what reason.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be negative, but being realistic here...

Queen's only accepts 100 students and making themselves so attractive this year (with the new building and improved program and etc), I doubt many rejected the offer during the first round (resulting in scarce WL offer). I learned that not everyone accepts U of T offer right away too :o , for instance, student I billeted got into all medical school in Ontario including U of T and they decided to come to Queen's.

I guess my point is that number-wise we are at disadvantage. 100 vs 250 (or something like that at Mc, Western, U of T) right? so 10 people movement vs 100 people movement differences....possibly...I think.

To be honest, I'm expecting "we are full" e-mail pretty soon from Queen's, again not being negative, but being realistic y'all

You guys are definitely right, realistically there might be a couple seats left to fill, but the probability of these few seats being offered to people who use premed101 is even lower. So yup, I guess it's time to move on, I guess I just need the e-mail for closure so I can accept my grad school offer and actually move on.

I applaud you guys for taking backup steps, but I for one have not given up hope on your behalf. Hang in there for just a while longer. This is not over yet. Sure Queens is odd this year. Don't read too much into. Mac meds had horrible match rate on CaRMS. Queens messed up interview invites last year. Anomalies happen. Have faith. You can know I'm praying hard for all of you.

I didn't hear anything also.

I wonder what the office is doing? No offers it seems, no news, not returning emails, not fielding calls... perhaps they're on holiday? Or perhaps they are trying to decide which applicants to admit since our scores are all tied? ;)

We can only guess at what's going on, but I doubt the class is filled because I don't think they'll hesitate to send an email once the class is filled.

Hey distortion don't fret, as long as that email doesn't come we still have a chance!

NOSM has been filled (supposedly) though.... but otherwise all the other schools are in a state of weirdness. Perhaps OMSAS is having problems this year or something...?

Anyways, fingers crossed for everyone!

aw thanks - I'm just playin around, just wish we could see a little more movement anytime soon.

Seems like all the schools are having slow WL movement this year though, so I'm also currently working on my backups for Sept which feels like a logical move at this stage.

Hahaha at this point in time hopefully some of us get in together :D . Then we can meet each other in real life LOL.

Also, it's weird how it's almost halfway into June and there hasn't been any additional movement, and the facebook group hasn't moved at all too. I wish Queens sent us update emails too :mad:

I wish someone obsessive enough for Queen's, count this year's accepted students from the facebook lol :P. btw it is weird that they are not sending any courtesy e-mail what so ever (ie.// Calgary and Nosm)

I guess I fit the bill of being obsessive enough :P

So I went on my friend's account who's in the group and mega-creeped it. 89 potential 2016s, 73 of which seem to be a for sure 100% as counted by their posts, likes, event acceptances on the fb group. Now I feel like a total creep and my friend is laughing/consoling me for doing that. Think I'll go drink myself numb. Peace.

Also I don't know what's going on at Queen's. I feel like if all spots were taken up they'd just let us know already. But then if they were spots available then people should be posting here. I dunno.

thats pretty promising news - thanks for brightening this (yet another) silent day!!

well 89/100 seats spoken for isn't necessarily promising considering that a few accepted students may not have joined the fb group. oh well better to remain hopeful!! The 73 is exciting but of course a lot of people may not be actively using the group which is why they were not commenting, etc.

LOL man I have to stop reading into this. It's not over till it's over!

Haha waitingonqueens, thanks for taking one for the team! That made me laugh, and that's really cool of your friend to lend you their login.

I guess another thing is U of T finally moved today... perhaps it takes time for schools to arrange things and make phone calls? I mean the admissions offices must have other things to do besides admitting students.......:confused:

well 89/100 seats spoken for isn't necessarily promising considering that a few accepted students may not have joined the fb group. oh well better to remain hopeful!! The 73 is exciting but of course a lot of people may not be actively using the group which is why they were not commenting, etc.

LOL man I have to stop reading into this. It's not over till it's over!

I feel like the actual number is somewhere between 73 to 89.... with it being closer to 89 for sure. One should probably factor in the type of student Queens will admit, and the probability of those type of students using Facebook is really really high, and they will join the facebook group. Oh well the 2015's must be facepalm-ing reading all these and thinking "the incoming 2016's must be paranoid neurotic premeds" :D

It's not over til it's over though!

Haha waitingonqueens, thanks for taking one for the team! That made me laugh, and that's really cool of your friend to lend you their login.

I guess another thing is U of T finally moved today... perhaps it takes time for schools to arrange things and make phone calls? I mean the admissions offices must have other things to do besides admitting students.......:confused:

Well according to the U of T Med admissions blog their waitlist has started moving since May 25th. And to quote the blogger, any offer after May 30th( after first wave of WL offers' deadline) are expected to be one-offs.

In light of this I'm inclined to think the Queens class is also almost full( hopefully not completely full) but the admissions office is waiting to see if there is any change before they fire off that final email?? Not sure, but there might have been more movement than many of us are aware of..

That said, yes it's definitely a good idea to keep on believing and remain hopeful!

Well according to the U of T Med admissions blog their waitlist has started moving since May 25th. And to quote the blogger, any offer after May 30th( after first wave of WL offers' deadline) are expected to be one-offs.

In light of this I'm inclined to think the Queens class is also almost full( hopefully not completely full) but the admissions office is waiting to see if there is any change before they fire off that final email?? Not sure, but there might have been more movement than many of us are aware of..

That said, yes it's definitely a good idea to keep on believing and remain hopeful!

Sigh yeah that's what my gut feeling tells me, or that there wasn't much movement in the first place. Anyways, whatever happens, happens for a reason!

Archived