Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

93 people? Are they all committed to Queen's? If they all are, and considering that some people aren't on the facebook, our luck may be running out :(

Then again, I'm pretty sure if I joined the fb earlier and committed to another school, I wouldn't remove myself from the group because it would never cross my mind ;)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
93 people? Are they all committed to Queen's? If they all are, and considering that some people aren't on the facebook, our luck may be running out :(

Impossible to say. I did subtract 3 people who were still joined but I know are committed to other schools, so perhaps there's more. Also my method of determining if someone is in the 2015 class was if they were mutual friends with a friend I have in the class--it is very possible that my friend isn't friends with the entire upper year class (then again its also likely she's friends with some people who are in the incoming 2016 class so it's just a rough estimate). It is getting pretty full though. I think it's a good idea to start moving on and if we get a phone call, we'll all be pleasantly surprised and if we get that dreaded class is full email, well at least we've already started planning our next steps and it won't sting as much.

Never give up hope though! We still haven't got that email so we still all have a change :cool:

Down to 181 members LOL. Creeping at its best.

Yeah we should still have hope. Every year there's a big wave. Unless they overadmitted this year (which they may have judging by what adcom said when someone asked if there'll be early movement)....

just visited Western waitlist... their fb group only have 160 people...same with Mc, they all seem to have very little number of people on their groups.... so I'm wondering why at Queen's there are so many people (!!) not that it's a terrible thing to have many people... :P but still... wiggle room of presumably 60 at Western sounds so nice...

So, another wave expected on June 6th then huh?

Asia's not that hot right now actually (thankfully), though it has days where it gets totally unbearable! It's kinda fun being away from Canada, but also these days I've actually stayed up really late staring at my phone and pm101 haha.

I think I was looking at some dandelion tea and thinking of crickets, that's why i typed dandelions...

Hopefully calls come out today though!:D

just visited Western waitlist... their fb group only have 160 people...same with Mc, they all seem to have very little number of people on their groups.... so I'm wondering why at Queen's there are so many people (!!) not that it's a terrible thing to have many people... :P but still... wiggle room of presumably 60 at Western sounds so nice...

So, another wave expected on June 6th then huh?

hopefully their waitlist starts moving soon and people who were also offered off the waitlist this past week at queens, get offers at uwo and choose to go there ;)

come on Queen's start calling us!!

Fingers crossed that on June 6th, we all get a call :D

^^lol

I can't believe this thread has had nearly 19, 000 views insane...although I probably make a huge chunk of that number :P

So I think the admissions office is simply overwhelmed with all the declines they're getting which is why they've been so quiet ;) Hopefully in the next few days we can all add our names to the fb group

I know it's probably been at least a year since most of us have written the MCAT, but I thought you were referring to that one verbal passage on one of the of the past AAMC full lengths, the really abstract one with the flowers that talked to each other! Anyone remember which one I'm talking about?

Anybody else hear the crickets chirping?

:P

*edit* didn't know why I said dandelions..... getting late here in Asia i guess?

186 :eek:

even if I don't make a reference, I'm sure everyone in this thread know what I'm referring to... so the offer has gone out again today supposedly...

Lets assume that last year's entire class is on fb and joined the group! Meaning there are still at least 14 spots available! I know its looking grim but it isn't over til its over....

You guys should stop looking at the facebook group numbers. Theres some 2014s in there as well, also there are people who joined while deciding between schools, accepted elsewhere, and haven't removed themselves yet.

Basically, waitlist movement has yet to come and will continue throughout the summer, no point killing yourself looking at meaningless numbers.

Archived