Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist hope box!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for making the call, I can't, I'm in Asia. I didn't even sleep last night much and spent all day out, now probably too anxious to sleep again tonight :D .

PS. Does anybody brave want to check out the Queen's class to see how many people are actually 2015's? I'm too scared to check :(

also - this may be overly positive thinking (ie. wishful lol), but if OMSAS took 24-48h to update after the 5pm deadline on the 29th, we may not see that wave of waitlist offers until tomorrow? (or even monday depending how long they take to sort things out)

I don't want to be a downer but I have to say that most neurotic premeds probably gave themselves a bit of leeway and didn't accept/decline at the very last minute.

based on some intensive creeping on here (gotta love working in a cubicle, where no one can see what sites you're on :P ), I found that there are 10 people who posted on pm101 who withdrew their acceptance--> so that's at least 10 spots plus god knows how many who didn't post on pm101. Yesterday only 2 people posted about being offered WL spots so hopefully there's more to be made

Waitingonqueens, I decided to be a creeper and check how many people were added to the fb group in the last 24 hours, and there were only 3, one of which was the guy I mentioned, one being a girl (maybe the friend of the gf or something?

I just leveled up my creep level by doing that.

Waitingonqueens, I decided to be a creeper and check how many people were added to the fb group in the last 24 hours, and there were only 3, one of which was the guy I mentioned, one being a girl (maybe the friend of the gf or something?

I just leveled up my creep level by doing that.

Wow mega creep alert, but 1 of those 3 added is an upper year queens med student so that's good news!

no wait listers accepted today?? :confused: what's happening?

Facebook creeping +1 member ! O_O offers have been going out then?!?!

could just be someone from before joining the group or yesterday? hoping for that.

i called again just now and got voicemail again. so maybe they aren't in today and will now make more offers tomorrow

Hey all, well, this week has been quite the adventure, from two waitlists two weeks ago, to an offer from mac two days ago, and now an offer from Queen`s. I should probably go buy a lottery ticket or something this week as well :D

So yeah, I got the call at around 3:00 today and an email like 10 minutes later. Gotta respond by June 6th :eek:. Looks like ive got some thinking to do this weekend.

Hey all, well, this week has been quite the adventure, from two waitlists two weeks ago, to an offer from mac two days ago, and now an offer from Queen`s. I should probably go buy a lottery ticket or something this week as well :D

So yeah, I got the call at around 3:00 today and an email like 10 minutes later. Gotta respond by June 6th :eek:. Looks like ive got some thinking to do this weekend.

congrats! 3 years is one whole year less than at queens just sayin' hint hint! :P :p

damn this means 2 days of offers have gone by without my phone ringing..guess its time for me to start moving on!

congrats! 3 years is one whole year less than at queens just sayin' hint hint! :P :p

damn this means 2 days of offers have gone by without my phone ringing..guess its time for me to start moving on!

Thanks!!

and haha, yeah, the three vs. four years is factoring into my decision (in favor of Mac) for sure. But I think I'm leaning towards Queen's because I didn't get my campus of choice at Mac. hmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Wow, I kind of feel bad getting in ahead of all you guys. Its the third year in a row that I've been waitlisted at various schools, so its kind of nice to finally be on the other side :D. Im sure you guys will all hear back with good things, and if not, apply again, youll eventually get in if its something you care enough about.

congratulations on all that persistence and two acceptances! Did you do anything significantly different that you think explained why you got in this time?.. some help for those of us already gearing up to forget about wait lists and move on.

Archived